Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Brenda the Bighorn

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

tragic.

do you know what caused it other than gravity? Laughing

I mean, was it a tyre, overloaded, badly loaded or road condition.

glad all involved was ok.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 19:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bummer alright , is he still your mate ? , I never let anyone drive mine
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

She stood up quite well considering. Even started first time to drive off the trailer.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

gt-nick
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Gutted for you Neal....

glad no one  was seriously hurt

do you rekon that 'Jim could fix it'
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real shame and adding my gutted feeling for you Neal.
Looks like the nearside front roof quarter took the initial impact before bouncing back up on rear quarter then over onto the offside rear.
As it been established what the road speed the truck was going at for the trailor to flip it airborne? Did the trailor follow it or did the draw bar release?
Doesn't take alot for this sort of accident to happen and shows what momentum will do to flip a motor airborne and bounce it back over.

Sorry for adding the following but feel it relative to towing a trailor.
Recall when I borrowed my brothers Disco to go and collect my Fronty 2.8 from Derbyshire. On homeward bound journey and hitting the M1, my total inexperience nearly resulted in my undoing. Gradually wound it up from 55 to 60mph when the thing started to wobble through the front wheels/steering. Looked in the rear view mirror and the trailor with the Fronty on top was literally bouncing from side to side. That's the moment I absolutely bricked it and could have easily hit the brake. Luckily for me my head took over and remembered that's the last thing I should do and gradually give it a bit more gentle throttle and pulled out of it. All settled down and I was able to gradually let it slow back down via the throttle and NOT the brake until it was back at 55 and that's where it stayed all the way home without any further incident. In my case, shows what inexperience can do, literally rocked up at the trailor hire company, filled in the forms, hooked up and checked the lights worked and pulled away. Of course, down to me to ask but the only advice I was given was the liability should I kerb the wider tracking trailor tyres. We know that it's different for younger drivers that have to qualify to be able to tow a trailor, but for older guys like me with a grand-dad licence no experience required. Details like what the balance of the loaded trailor should be with regard how much weight should be on the draw-bar ought to be known and not taken for granted. How to secure the load should be researched prior to starting a journey.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the tow ball and piecing things together I think the following happened.

Speed was between 40-50 .. I assume 45mph. Going uphill. Trailer started to wobble and got critical. Couldn't accelerate enough due to hill. Truck slewed to the left and the hitch popped off the ball. You can tell this due to the tow ball being bent to the left (passenger) side. Truck rolled onto drivers 'C' pillar and rearwards roof line. Flicked over and landed on passenger 'A' pillar, finally resting on her wheels. Due to momentum of trailer the back end was also spun so she finally rested the right way up but pointing backwards. Driver walked away. Trailer now had brakes locked on (breakaway cable did to its thing) and came to a stop a little further up the road still on its wheels, but in the side of a truck.

Deceased

Last edited by Rhanagar on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:10; edited 1 time in total
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!

odd to get a wobble on going uphill. happened to someone I know. he was also towing with a trooper. both tyres on one side of caravan failed and the end result........
one caravan in bits all over the motorway.
your trooper stood up well to a roll. a credit to isuzu.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had 3 ton of toilet block on the back. Those things have small wheels very close to each other and quite long. The weight loading is weird as well. Means that anything over 40 mph starts to get interesting.

Deceased

Ghosthunter70

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 22:05    Post subject: VSS Sensor Drive Reply with quote

Did you have a part number for the vss drive, I am having trouble finding one without. thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: