QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Very cheap cooking oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonJA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 17:42    Post subject: Very cheap cooking oil Reply with quote

Just to inform anyone who's running on cooking oil 5 litres of cooking oil at lidl for £1 Just bought £20 worth you do the math! Its about 115 litres or something Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 17:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

KKW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

*beep* ! Just shot round to the Wrexham branch to get some but they don't know anything about it. I'll have to check again in the morning.
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing at the Farnworth/Bolton store, just £1.29 per litre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of clarification on this one as I think over-excitement got to Simon (my son) at the bargain deal I managed to get. The 5l bottles of veg oil were indeed being knocked out for a quid apiece in Lidl and I cleared the last of the stock they had (twenty two bottles - 110 litres). It's Vita D'Or Frying Oil in XXL bottles - I think it is normally only done in 3L bottles so maybe that has something to do with them clearing them out cheap - dunno, but the best £22 I've spent in a long time.

I don't think this is/was a national offer that they are/were running so I think I just dropped lucky. Our local store has recently - well for the last 4 months or so - been piling up various groceries/end of line items in giant boxes just inside the doors as you go in e.g. packs of 8 wagon wheels, jars of jam, multi pack crisps etc all going for 50p. Their deluxe items also go in there occasionally but are extortionately priced at £1    Laughing .......... everything still months inside their sell by dates so go figure?

The oil was the last thing I expected to stumble on when I nipped in this aft to grab a few essentials to go off camping and fishing tomorrow - well pleased.

The next nearest store is only 5 miles in the other direction so I'm off there tomorrow morn to see if they've got the same thing going.

Fortunately - I'm enough miles North of you guys to be confident you won't be there before me, but apologies if anyone broke the speed limit on a wild goose chase to their local store.

tc

Bubble
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

One post about it is enough Simon Wink

Thanks.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
rich31td

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was cheap, I was feeling smug about getting Vegetable oil from Costco for 83p/litre. Surprised
andymac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

using free veg oil from the restaurant where my sister works
KKW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check-out the date of the post above yours. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: