All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

National Service Bill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rds60h

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 22:14    Post subject: National Service Bill Reply with quote

Conservative MP for Kettering Philip Hollobone proposed the National Service Bill and there is an e-petition against the Bill.
I have started an e-petition in support of the Bill, because I believe that it could be a saviour for Britain, as it would provide a solution to Youth Unemployment, instill a respect for authority that has been lost, teach youngsters discipline and give them a work ethic by providing a structure to their daily life and it would also give many a direction for a trade after their service.
If the National Service was compulsory then it would also discourage those wishing to migrate to Britain as a soft option, thus reducing costs to the Benefits System, the National Health Service and the Education System and also increase the Social Housing stock.
Having done their Nation Service the youngsters should return back into civilian life with discipline, respect and a work ethic, so this should also help to prepare them for a working life and also help reduce crime.
If you wish to sign the e-petition in support of the National Service Bill please go to this link ::  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/54710
I would also appreciate it if  you could post the link in any other forums or social media sites that you visit.
Thank you very much for your help.
If you wish to read the National Service Bill in full then it can be found here :: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2013-2014/0032/cbill_2013-20140032_en_2.htm#l1g1
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 22:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

KKW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I think you're wrong and I'm against the bill.
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here i'm afraid, i'm glad we don't have it as a country because then it would undermine our right to choose what we do and that right is what makes this country great i think.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm for it!
depends on a million 'what ifs' though, but the basic idea of National Service is a winner! I'm in  Very Happy
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that something needs doing to get that respect back for teachers, police etc.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksdad1963 wrote:
Well I'm for it!
depends on a million 'what ifs' though, but the basic idea of National Service is a winner! I'm in  Very Happy

My thoughts too. I'm for anything that teaches teenagers how to wear trousers correctly lol
KKW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

adz1973 wrote:
I agree that something needs doing to get that respect back for teachers, police etc.

The teachers and Police need to EARN that respect ! Perhaps they should be doing National Service then ?
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmm tricky one this .

What would the cost be to implement it (every teenager)

How would the government afford it ?

Not sure it would make youngsters any better .
Nothing worse than a bunch of trainee squadies on leave (thinking their bulletproof)
I dout it will fix any problems in the long run .

I do respect the men and women of our armed forces . Not just for the job they do, but also because they
made the choice to join up (not made to join) .

just my thoughts : the softly softly brigade have made it very hard to discipline kids .

In my day if I acted like kids do today my dad or mam would have given me a smack.. .
I never thought of it as violence or cruelty .
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Hhmmm tricky one this .

What would the cost be to implement it (every teenager)

How would the government afford it ? As it is their slashing jobs and privatising parts of the armed forces!

Not sure it would make youngsters any better .
Nothing worse than a bunch of trainee squadies on leave (thinking their bulletproof)
I dout it will fix any problems in the long run .

I do respect the men and women of our armed forces . Not just for the job they do, but also because they
made the choice to join up (not made to join) .  thumbup

just my thoughts : the softly softly brigade have made it very hard to discipline kids . What you really mean "is dungaree wearing tree huggers (man)" Laughing

In my day if I acted like kids do today my dad or mam would have given me a smack.. .
I never thought of it as violence or cruelty . thumbup thumbup  

Totally agree that the vast majority of todays youth need to learn a bit of discipline and that life just isn't fair
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

KKW wrote:
adz1973 wrote:

The teachers and Police need to EARN that respect ! Perhaps they should be doing National Service then ?

Why should teachers and police need to earn respect when they are here to educate and look after us. Both jobs are a thankless task due to do gooders etc.

What gives kids the right to hurl abuse at teachers and the police, even the fire brigade for that matter.

I know firemen who get a hoax call and attend to it and end up getting stoned etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Adz Wink Gone is the time when we respected (even feared some) police and teachers but we didn't dare do some of the things the young of today do.

As for the bill i'm split  Rolling Eyes On one hand our youngsters need to learn respect for others but i think the main share of that comes down to parenting, The authorities are scared to act with a rebellious youngsters now as they have no power whatsoever.

On the other hand one of my children are thinking of joining the forces in the next couple of years and i don't think i would want them forced to be alongside someone who didn't really want to be doing what our armed forces have to do.

It's a topic that will never be seen one way or the other by a majority. Opinions will always differ and the world would be a boring place if they didn't.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: