Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2 batteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 18:28    Post subject: 2 batteries Reply with quote

Hi.

I have just purchased my first Trooper (Duty) 2002 3.0D and on opening the engine compartment was supprised to find two batteries? is this standard with this model? there is no mention of two in the handbook.

One battery is located front left and one rear right in the compartment. There is also an alloy box in front of the righ battery. Could anyone tell me what this is? there are three large electrical contacts on the top and my suspision is that it is the onboard computer.

Regards

John
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 18:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Boozy nights

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an expert on these by a long shot, only had mine 6 days, but my last motor (Delica) had 2 batteries which is common in Japan as it gets blooming cold in winter, and as they say 2 is always better than 1.
That motor started on the blob every morning no matter what the weather was like, helped no doubt by the extra battery Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.
All uk spec diesel troopers and winter pack equipped bighorns have two batteries, partly to help with cold starting and partly because they're fitted with a ceramic heating element which aids cabin warm up in cold weather.
The silver box is the electronic control unit (ECU).
johnmead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. there is a button on the dash for the cabin warm up and a very small mention in the handbook. Please could you elaborate on the feature and say how effective you personally think it is? is it somthing that can be used at any time, or are there rules govening when it can and canot be used.

Regards
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

the button on the dash is for engine warm up .. basically it shuts the exhaust and as a result makes the engine work harder and warms up quicker! This should be used with caution as they can seize up leading to a serious lack of power.
The Ceramic Heater comes on with the temperature knob for the regular heating (as you turn it to about 80%+ the engine should rev slighlty to cope with the extra current drain)

HTH

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: