2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0. driving me mad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fbarron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 18:05    Post subject: 3.0. driving me mad Reply with quote

ok stated rough last week. needed a few mins before the revs rose.
ran great then for a day or so. funny side effdect: when she was sitting at about 800 revs when youd push in the clutch and slip it into first the revs would rise.
cleaned filter and drained tank. some small amount of water in filter.
ran better.
primer doesn't seem to work. open bleed and nothing.
put diesel in yesterday and cranking but wont fire.
Put a bottle of diesel onto the feed pipe and she fired lovely. ran it for a bit and turend her off. did the same 10 mins later and all ok.
*beep*. left it for two hours and if i kiss my ass it wont fire.

HELP
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 18:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its crank sensor out or range or dodgey orps or ropcv or the erg flaps sticking shut sometimes.
fbarron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna take out the ropcy and see if it ok. and the egr today. could it be the throttle body sensor. im banjaxed without it. have to drive my tractor 25  miles to see cattle and  its killing me,
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the flap out the egr valve wher the tps sensor is wont do any harm ,gets rid of one fault and runs better.

TPS sensor wont stop it starting .

Have you done the cutting the white wire trick yet ?
fbarron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut the white wire and nothing. took out the ropcv and that seems fine. going to put it back together in the morning. and see. the throttle bidy was  a bit full of gunk so thats cleaned out. well see in the morning, could it be the cam sensor cos i changed the timing belt a few weeks ago.
fbarron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pulled it the other day before i started surgery and it started and ran but would die when you took your foot off the pedal
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it starts the cam sensors ok, what did you pull out before you started surgery ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it's sucking air
fbarron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

weel the air was my first thought.
i put a bottle of diesel onto the inlet pipe to the pump and it started first time. left it an hour and it would not start. i took off the dome nut and there is diesel coming out its not shooting out but it is coming out.
fbarron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bumo started the 4x4, is what i menat sorry. it started ok and reved fine but died when foot off the throttle
Browndoff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned that nothing came out when you tried to 'bleed' the fuel-pump/filter - so THAT'S still full of ***! As Eithan said, it would then be sucking AIR - if the fuel plumbing was still blocked - or even partly-blocked! That's a problem you'll have to face anyway - so clean it thoroughly and then bleed the plumbing - one less possible cause of a failure to start!

You didn't mention replacing the fuel-filter - they're cheap and you DID mention getting some gunk in the fuel-system!!
fbarron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the fuel filter is bypassed now cos i have a can of diesel straight into the inlet pipe going to the hpop. all back together and no go. ]
if it starts when bumped. /
the cam sensor is OK ?
the injectors are OK?
the ropcv is fine.

*beep* me and the ship i fell off.

im *beeb* now.
ideas anyone
Browndoff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned fuel "coming out of the Domed-Nut" - but not much...? Did you get someone to turn-over the engine while the domed-nut was open?

By getting something out - you've proved that the plumbing is NOT blocked - by getting a good 'squirt' from the pump when it's turning-over - you could prove that the pump worked, too!

Likewise, if you loosened the 27mm nut on the lower end of the HP-Oil-Pipe - while someone cranked the engine - and got a good squirt of engine-oil - you'd prove that the HPOP was working.

Clearly SOMETHING is wrong - if it won't start easily and consistently - you need to eliminate the various 'easily accessible' possibilities early on - to avoid expensive 'experimentation' with new parts which don't solve the REAL problem!
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you have eliminated the orps and the orcv and porous pipes so that leaves us with a dodgy crank sensor a dodgy cam sensor or the hpop starting to go tits up. i think you now need to measure the voltage at the ecu for the cam and crank sensors as they are easy.
thinking a bit more have you noticed when cranking it and it doesn't start does it flash the check engine light at you?
fbarron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does flash it at me. what voltage should be on the cam sensor. i did the timinig belt recently. but if i bump start it and it goes does that eliminate the crank sensor.
also which 27 mm nut, is that the one far in with the union on the pipe. could it open it half way up where the bracket is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: