All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tera Low crawler gears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 17:45    Post subject: Tera Low crawler gears Reply with quote

Fitted my Tera Low 3.07:1 gears yesterday, not exactly an easy task and definately not a job for the faint hearted, but I'm well happy with the result, it's slower than a snake with a sore belly now.
And I owe a massive thanks to my mate Mark for his help and the use of the four post lift, it would have been impossible without him, not least because it took three transfer boxes to get the gears to fit  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked Lucky we had them to hand.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 17:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rich31td

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which engine/gearbox have you fitted this to?
How easy/hard are they to fit?

I am looking at fitting this to my 3.1, 5-speed, Independant4x4 have them listed for $530!
Wilky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

98 3.1, previously with SOTF, the kit didn't fit though, maybe it was the MK3 because there were so many differences like no synchros and until you strip your tranny box you don't know which shifter lever you have, although Matt will sell you one individually from the kit if yours is different, as for fitting, it's not an easy job, we were lucky to have a couple of spare gearboxes to hand to make it work and the instructions from Indy 4x aren't very good they miss a few things, the instructions from the Rockcrawler magazine are better, but they're for a MK1, so you have to be careful.
If yours is a MK2 it should be more straight forward, I thought the MK2 and MK3 boxes were the same and as a straight swap it would be ok, but the internals are very different even though the ratios are the same.
I did a lot of research and reading up before we started, so we were prepared for most problems, but we still came across new ones, but as I said this might be due to the MK3, some in the States say they fit them in situ, I really wouldn't fancy that, we dropped the box out and slipped a new clutch in whilst it was off.
Bear in mind that with import duties etc a dollar will work out at a pound pro rata.
ecp
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 18:44    Post subject: gears Reply with quote

nice one wilky you will have to tell us how it works in anger.
Wilky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 14:45    Post subject: Re: gears Reply with quote

ecp wrote:
nice one wilky you will have to tell us how it works in anger.

Fantastic, I'm over the moon with the gears, but it's got nothing whatsoever to with anger, it's all about control.

zorfor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 23:06    Post subject: where from? Reply with quote

Hi.  Can I ask where you sourced the gears from?
I've been trying to deal with Independant4wd in US, but they dont respond... now their web site is off air too
Wilky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got lucky and bought mine from someone who got a set from Indy4X but couldn't handle the fitting, but in all fairness it wasn't anywhere near as straight forward as it was supposed to be, mainly because mine is a MK3, but the instuctions from Indy4X missed a couple of things out, I found a very good article on fiting them in an old copy of Rockcrawler magazine, but they were for a MK1 so still a bit different, well worth all the effort though, coming back down the rocks all the way down Parkamoor on Sunday without even touching the brake pedal was pretty cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: