All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2002 3.0 trooper - should I have it converted to a 3.1 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 0:37    Post subject: 2002 3.0 trooper - should I have it converted to a 3.1 ? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I have a dilemma with my Trooper and hope you can help.
I am 2nd owner of a 2002 LWB diesel Citation (manual). Done approx 100,000 miles.
Had fuel injector fail overnight this summer, towed to Edinburgh (we live Inverness and local dealer new to Isuzu and clueless - in my view!)
Last 3 weeks car coughed a bit within first 5 mins of first start of day, otherwise ok. Then last weekend suddenly ran very rough and I knew... fuel injector failure!!

I understand now I could be on a perpetual injector change road (but I am not a lottery winner)!
Or I understand a conversion to a 3.1 is possible with loss of aircon and rev counter.
1 = £450 and probable repeats
2 = £1000/1200 ish
Not sure of the pitfalls of 2.
Don't like option 3 scrap car !
My Mum has a 2005 Insignia 30,000 miles (owned from new)  had first injector in summer too so we definitely need advice.
Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 0:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get it confirmed that it's the injectors .

Just out of interest have you tried the white wire trick ..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a bit drastic changing a whole engine because of an injector, buy a set get them fitted and your covered for 3 yrs with the parts warranty and keep the remaning 3 good ones as spare for when the 3 yrs is up should still work out cheaper than an engine conversion
dvk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the white wire trick please?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if the car won't start you pull a white wire out of a plug and it bypasses the orps which can let the car start and points to the orps as being faulty
dvk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed .... so far ..... starting is not a problem!

I was reading old posts yesterday and wondered (in vain I suspect) if it might be worth
getting trusty local mechanic to check fuel line to tank etc and even make sure we have
the right oil in.

If only the dealer here was any good they could run a diagnostic. But Nobles of Penicuik, Edinburgh are closest
decent dealership 3.5 hours away - and I can only be towed once!

Thanks for your advice. Always appreciated.
Browndoff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan is right - it'd be a shame to scrap a good engine because you've had some bad luck - even with injectors.

You seem still uncertain about whether, or not, it IS an injector again - well here's a homemade test-procedure which will help to decide the issue.
[img][/img]
Make up a connector-loom to go across the 10-pin connector [down by the Oil-Filler-Tube], like the picture and connect A to A, B to B.............K to K [the letters are directly marked on the side of the connector itself]. Start the engine and let it tickover [you say it will do THAT!], then simply disconnect G [=4], H [=3], J [=2] and K [=1] - one at a time and check how the revs fall-off.

If one disconnection seems to make no difference to the engine-speed - then THAT cylinder is faulty. That does NOT, necessarily, mean that its Injector must be replaced - it could be a recurring electrical fault in the engine-loom - or even damaged valves, etc. But it DOES mean that that's the one requiring further testing!

Mechanically, the replacement of an injector is NOT a difficult task - physical access is good and none of the tasks requires the skill of Einstein. Just make sure you replace ALL the seals related directly to the whole set of injectors [NOT just the one which had to be replaced!]. Just follow the PDF manual 'religiously'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: