QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel Filter help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fionan24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:51    Post subject: Fuel Filter help Reply with quote

Hi All,, new to this site and I am finding it very helpful for info, suggestions etc. Obviously, there are some trooper experts as members. I have owned a 2005 LWB 3.0 diesel for the past 3 years and love it. Primarily I bought it to tow my boat but I also have a cage in the back for our dogs and also, as we all know it is fantastic in the rough stuff, snow etc. Lately it has started stuttering especially at gear change and on occasion it can very briefly drop revs but it recovers very quickly. I have decided to try and fix this myself so with help from this site I have changed oil (5w30 fully synthetic), both oil filters, and air filter. I now want to change fuel filter. I have bought it already and it looks like the smaller oil filter. Where is it located and what do I do to change ? Please give as much detail as possible as I am a complete novice. The oil and filters change which I have done already have made a big difference especially considering the mechanic put the wrong oil in last time but the stuttering stil remains. Thanks in advance for your help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It lives behind the ECU and the n/s battery if you have two batterys .

Buy yourself a filter changing tool to suit the filter then run the car down the local garage and buy some diesel in a can .

Drive home and use the tool to unscrew the filter  - now fill the new filter up with fuel from the can and put it back on hand tight and then half a turn more .

Push the big button on top of the filter down a few times till it gets hard to push and then start up .

Turn Lefty loosey - Righty tighty  for bolts and filters as they teach in Technical Schools these days  Smile
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps I forgot you need a 10mm socket  spanner to remove the guard from in front of the filter so you can get at it with the filter tool  Embarassed

Phew good job Robbo didnt see that
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Opps I forgot you need a 10mm socket  spanner to remove the guard from in front of the filter so you can get at it with the filter tool  Embarassed

Phew good job Robbo didnt see that

They seek him here....they seek him there.........the elusive one is everywhere  Wink .........Merry Crimbo Mr "G"    Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shining like a Diamond in a Tar Pit  Smile  Smile  Smile

And to you Mr R
Fionan24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gribble for your detailed reply. Will give it a go by end of week.
Have a good Christmas, Fionan v
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late by now I guess, but I normaly remove the two pipes (make sure you mark them so you get them back on in the right place) then just undo the two bolts (10mm socket) that holds the housing on and take the lot to a vice, put top of housing in the vice and unscrew the old filter. As Mr G points out, make sure you FILL the new filter with clean fresh diesel befor fitting it. Refit the housing to the vehicle and replace the two pipes. Couple of pumps on the big button thing on top and awy you go.
I just find it easier as it's a bit cramped for space where it sits.
TrooperSimon
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep am with you malcom

its pipes off 10mm,s off and housing in the vice

as you look down at filter from passenger wing

the left pipe should be from the tank

had no end wrong way around

cheers

simon
Ellison15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 18:26    Post subject: 2000 3.0 bad starting antifreeze in fuel filter Reply with quote

Hi I own a 3.0 2000 trooper  It developed a starting problem hot and cold took ages to fire then white smoke then drove fine. I changed the fuel and air filter as a start and it run like a new car for 3-4 weeks then started the problem again I have changed the fuel filter again and found dirt and antifreeze in the fuel from the filter. This time with new filter still lots of cranking and white smoke when running seems ok but can be lumpy on tick over. Great work vehicle dont really want to loose it !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: