2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

dissapointment from milner off road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chugg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 15:37    Post subject: dissapointment from milner off road Reply with quote

hello, new to forum but hope I can join the club with a 3.1td monterey rs banger that has not really failed me yet until i messed with it...

C:\Documents and Settings\milpr\Desktop\photo.JPG

needed a set of manual hubs so spent £107 inc. delivery on a set of no make wing wang hubs. Rang up and checked first guy assured me they were as rugged as anything- milner website states they are made equivilent to OE spec.

Speaking to Claire in the 'warranty' department, the guy that told me they were suitable for off road use was lying- they do not condone them for off road use (which makes them pretty useless on most 4x4s. Milner do not state this on the their website so be cautious of this- the part is not for off road use (they do not state this), is manufactured to OE spec (they state this..)

Have now ordered a set of hi performance AVM's for £115 delivered, i expect these will be better, should have done this in the first place, lessons learnt.

Have to wait for warranty form to arrive, fill out, post back etc. before can get money back; Not impressed one bit, mickey mouse hubs that are clearly overpriced and not fit for use on a 4x4, do not buy them! Die cast housings that look like the material used to make die cast model cars!

Maybe I was unlucky but it ruined a whole day's green laning being limited to 3wd.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 15:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard of quite a few people that, to their disappointment, have wasted their money on what must be these Ching Chong copies. Read alot about the Milner hubs cracking apart. To be fair to Milners, seems they play the game and do sort refunds out.
chugg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, providing refund is sorted then not too bad, kind of my own fault for not realising avm 433HP were just £7 more...
milner should state they are not for off road use though- Claire in warranty was exclaiming to me on the phone that "No, they are not for off road use and cannot be used off road", I explained that if that is the case then they need to state that fact on the advert, instead of just putting "equivilent to OE". mickey mouse junk, was going to order control arms from them but will steer clear now, irrelevant of lowish prices.

ruined a days green laning too, hope no one else risks these *beep* hubs
fb133

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

manual locking hubs that are "not for offroad use"  Laughing what's the point in them then?
Twister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVM's are good, but make sure you put some non setting gasket cement on all the mating surfaces as they're not very waterproof otherwise. Also put some copper grease on the 6 small allen bolts, as if they seize in they're a *beep* to get out again.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
chugg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVMs arrived and stood the test at the weekend. They came with 2 quality gaskets needed for each hub, unlike the single cornflake packet gasket from milner.

I made a stupid mistake buying those none fit for purpose milner hubs, would hate for anyone else to waste time on them. As said 2x AVM433HP £115 delivered! no brainer.

on the down side my wheel bearing collapsed on the drive home (opposite side to milner lock collapse), nursed it home and found the brake caliper/pads where the only thing holding the wheel on! cant undo hub nut (even with tool) seems siezed luckily local breakers has a 60K miles hub carrier complete for £35 so will change complete. cannot understand what has happened to the bearing but unsure of arrangement.

would be great to be able to post photos directly, not sure this is possible.

knocking about the green lanes of llangollen most saturdays, 3-5 cars.
chugg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got a refund from milner.
sorry to slag off the site sponsor but they were an utter mess organisationly and as usual had to battle for a refund.

Will never use them again.

How can they be a serious off road supplier selling chinese hubs and showing a range rover with low profiles on their home page?
I appreciate they are a long standing off road supplier, but my experience of them has been utter trash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: