4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

starting issue.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian.s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 18:04    Post subject: starting issue..... Reply with quote

well here we go again, my 2000 3.0 is running fine still despite rolling it over and buckling it somewhat, but in my infinate wisdom i've bought another two, one for spares and a 54 plate 3.0 with 68,000 on the clock,

this one starts but is a bit lumpy and at first it will rev through to red no problem then the revs drop and rise by a hundred rpm or so and it will not rev beyond three thou and when driven is totally gutless (but gets better with use),

ive changed the oil and filters (5w30 synth) as well as the orps and the orpcv, the parts were secondhand and of unkown quality, the orps from a runner off fleabay and the orpcv from my spares vehicle, it is however exactly the same as before, one thing i have noticed which is when i touch the throttle pedal very very gently the revs drop by maybe a hundered and the engine sounds "laboured" and when i take my foot off the pedal the engine jumps back up to the correct tickover, i've never had this before and am not sure whether it has any bearing on the problem.........please help.......again. Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

my £1 is on an each way bet. 1. sucking in air. or 2. fuel filter needs changing
TrooperSimon
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like an injector down to me

it would be a pig to start if sucking air in

although you might be on a 50/50 with blocked fuel filter or fuel line

cheers

simon
ian.s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try a new filter and check the pipes on the tank but when the car warms up the problem fades, i drove it from Derby to Newcastle and it pulled like train after showing all the afore mentioned symptoms down there
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

What  - a whole pound ! all in one go ?  Shocked

I rekon the eebynowt orps was duff ,the revs going down when you touch the pedal is the idle switch circuit going off so the ECU needs all the sensor inputs to set the rpms ,might be a duff coolant sensor as well .
ian.s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been out to car and it started no bother but slightly erratic tickover and true to form revved up over three thou a few times then wouldn't, pipes look ok and the fuel filter was changed about a thousand miles ago so should be ok, It seems that maybe the best course of action would be to swop the orps from my Xreg Troop which is running fine and see what the outcome is, bit of a fart on but better than buying a new orps and finding out it's not that, out of curiosity which is the temp sender there's that many under that darned bonnet
ian.s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no further forward, brand new orps fitted and topped oil up (bit low after filter change) but still the same, which one is the coolant sensor, i'm not sure and don't really want to start randomly swapping stuff around for no reason. Sad
ian.s

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no further forward, new orps, new orpcv, coolant sensor swapped, camshaft sensor swapped, new fuel filter.........still won't rev over 3000rpm when cold (fine when warm), but i've just felt the throttle motor and it was red hot everything around it was warm after standing ticking over for twenty minutes or so but the body was mad hot.....should it be ???, anyway my next move is to get it plugged in and get things zero'd ect and try to see if the injector recall has been done, problem is it turns out to be a parrallel import from god knows where and the jacubs number doesn't match up with owt the dealers can find....typical !!!  Crying or Very sad
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaps not stuck over in the throttle body is it?

you can unplug the throttle motor and it will run fine
ian.s

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Eithen, the intercooler is loose at the moment and it blew the intercooler pipe off the throttle body and the flap was in it's proper position, i need to find out about the injector recall and take it from there and maybe buy one of the cheaper Tech2 machines and have a play around with it scratch
Browndoff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might have missed Eithan's point. He mentioned the Throttle-Motor, 'cos if it were NOT responding to the input from the ECM - then the engine's performance might suffer - so the throttle being wide open just when you looked at it might not show it was 'always right'!

Furthermore, if it were very hot - that implies a fault in its wiring - which was why Eithan suggested you pull its plug - and, as he said, this won't affect performance, as the Throttle is only there for the EGR-system - which really should be disabled. By pulling its plug - you prevent it EVER from closing the Throttle - so any 'error' still in the EGR-system will not stop the engine from running smoothly.
ian.s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try but today i found out that the car is a Cyprus import and due for the injector recall and both my Troopers for the TBS recall, so when it's in the garage i'll ask them to plug it in and see what's going on that is unless my Tech2 machine gets here first at which point i'll have a look myself (and probably wipe the brain).......thanks for all the help evryone it's really appreciated.  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: