All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 trooper developed to non runner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmeralan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:48    Post subject: 3.0 trooper developed to non runner Reply with quote

Hi I hope someone on her can help!
I bought a 1998 (s reg) 3.0 trooper with faulty injectors I replaced the injectors and has run fine for about a month however the other day I was on the motor way when it seemed to loose power when doing around 75mph so I came off at the next junction checked it over and the oil level seemed to have increased and have a slight diesel smell so j limped it home slowly through back roads. Parked it up for a day then limped it to my workshop where I dropped the oil and replaced it then replaced the o rings on the injectors and also replaced fuel filter and primer then when trying to restart the engine first sounded a little knocky but tried to fire a little the the battery went flat so I tried to bump start it with no joy. I then got it back in and removed the rocker cover to find no oil coming out if the injectors when turning over. I was td of the truck of removing the white wire from the large plug which also didn't make any difference but that is as far as I have got and would be very grateful of any advice please
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did do the copper washers on the bottom of the injectors too ? four old ones out ,clean the seats up spotless and four new ones in and torqued up as per the book ?

Most likely thing is that the diesels got in the oil and made the ropcv stick shut, the knocking is possibly diesel leaking into the cylinders .
Browndoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - this is complicated by the number of things you've already tried.....

[1]     You said you had replaced the Injectors - but not mentioned whether they were new or secondhand....? Fuel in the oil was the main reason for the official safety-problem with the 3.0L - which was caused by faulty seals WITHIN the Injectors - NOT the external O-rings. If you had replaced the injectors with USED ones of the older type - they might now have failed in this way.

[2]     " no oil coming out if the injectors when turning over"         If this was STILL the case after disconnecting the ORPS-wire - then there's no oil getting to the Oil-Rail - 'cos [as Gribble suggested] the ROPCV is stuck closed. It's not much fun to have to dig them out - but cleaning the ROPCV is easy - just remember to re-assemble correctly!! Fix THIS before you put back on the Cam-Cover and you should be able to see the oil-return from the injectors - as expected!
Farmeralan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the responses, the injectors I out in where second hand and I changed the rubber I rings half way up the injectors but didn't change the copper rings.
I thought I had oil to the rail as I did try taking the oil sensor on the rail out and as it came out there was a burst of oil as if the was pressure there?
Browndoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another possibility - "I did try taking the oil sensor on the rail out" - If so, you might have mislaid the O-Ring which seals the stem of the ORPS, or crushed it on re-assembly.....?

If a damaged, or missing, O-Ring on the ORPS were now causing a leak of oil-pressure from the Rail - then THAT would explain the failure to fire - in spite of all the other bits being OK!

" didn't change the copper rings. "     Unfortunately, that too might explain the problem. They're meant to seal the lower end of the Injector and if they LEAK - it can allow high-pressure gas from the cylinder to BURST the new rubber O-Rings above - and blow Diesel into the Cam-Box - and eventually fill your sump with Diesel!

As often mentioned on this Forum, seals are relatively cheap and easy to apply - just get the bits ready BEFORE you strip the engine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: