All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

towing with 3.1 swb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 20:55    Post subject: towing with 3.1 swb Reply with quote

Hi i'm after people experiences towing with swb 3.1 troopers. I've just sold my trooper I used for offroading and green laning and in the summer i will be looking to replace it, i'm loosing interest in green laning and going to more pay and plays and due to the nature of the places and wanting to go further afield and not worry about getting home looking to get a offroad only 4x4. So what would a standard 3.1 swb towing a 12-14ft ifor Williams dropside trailer with another possible mot failure swb trooper/fourtrak on back which will probably be lifted 2 inch and running on 33s with winch fitted handle and pull like. My thinking is the trailer compared to to vechile will top heavy and could be bit dodgey if it started to snake. Also what sort of speeds will a 3.1 pull up hills on motorways and what gear im not excepting to go no more than 50/60 on flat ground. I realise a car transporter trailer would be more suitable but a flat bed would come in handy every now and then and every pay and play I go to theres always loads discovery towing a discovery/range rovers on these trailers and haven't seen any of them tipped over yet. sorry for long post thanks in advance. Don't need to know about legal side and towing rules pretty clued up on that.

ps gt-nick rhanager if your reading this I will be in touch about parts shortly, buyer didn't want none so will sought out what ive got had a quick look the other day theres more odd and ends than I thought so will get in touch once i've soughted them out.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 20:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gt-nick
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy   ok isuzusuzuki thanks, I hope you got what you wanted for your truck.

best regards

Nick
d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you towing an ifor williams trailer ,don't use the steel ramps that they sell with them ,do yourself a favour and your back, pick up a set of aluminium ramps (ramp co ) http://www.donedeal.ie/trailers-for-sale/aluminium-ramps-for-all-type-of-trailers/2065791
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: