All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The worst thing about Troopers is...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:12    Post subject: The worst thing about Troopers is... Reply with quote

The seats,great if your'e a pygmy...the turbo whistle that sounds like I'm in trouble with the police...the horn button positions that make me sound it by accident all the time...Haynes don't do a manual for them,first vehicle I've had in 28 years without one...and thats it,cant think of another thing.Great,aren't they?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a Land Rover for while and that list will go on and on, and on, and on, and - you get the idea! My 110 with 79K was a nightmare with terrible design flaws, rotten motorway ability, horrendous fuel consumption, & was astonishingly unreliable - but it was fantastic off road. My 165,000 Trooper was very cheap, starts instantly, cruises easily, & is more than adequate off road. However, according to Mr Clarkson, isn't as cool as a Landy!
Yoshi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that,I had a Defender 90 for 8 years before this,and a Series lll for 5 before that.Neither ever broke on me,and both were a lot of fun off road,they were also crude,noisy,thirsty and badly finished (the Defender rusted worse than the Series) but thats Land Rovers for you...if they weren't so overpriced I'd have a Td5 tomorrow,so long as I could keep my Trooper...
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having worked in a Land Rover dealership I would be nervous about putting my hard earned cash into a Landy! But the Hondas I worked with, now that was a different story!

The Land Rover workshop had a 60% warrenty to 40% 'normal' work ratio - most of the work they did was warrenty work! Honda was 5%!
That was 5 years ago, wonder if has changed since Ford took over?

Isuzu are on the same footing as Honda, if not better as they were built in thier truck factory to truck standards I believe.
Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 23:14    Post subject: worst thing about a bighorn Reply with quote

yoshi....
Thanks for making me laugh..this is a true story. recently bought myself a hunking big truck of a 4x4 ie a jap lwb bighorn. picked it up from the dealer at the Birch services at Warrington in a horrendious rainstorm.

Its an auto, it big, its got too many consul buttons and im used to driving a CLIO!!!....but its my new baby.

So i start her up and crawl towards the slip road getting the feel of her, soon the M62 is approaching so i floor her it to get up speed. Before i know it, im accross 2 lanes of the motorway being balsted by horn blowing artic drivers and being swamped by lorry spray.

Finally get the beast in a straight line and head for the city. feeling very hot, trying to work the A/C with one hand, keep it under 80mph and not run into a bridge support when i notice im getting very very warm as i had accidentially switched on the heated seats.....

Then i drove the whole way home scanning all my mirrors because i could swear i could hear police sirens behind me....guess what
....i found out later it was the turbo kicking in

Did i feel daft or what ...but i wouldn't swap her for any thing else
BEST SLED I HAVE EVER OWNED
Yoshi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I picked mine up I did the same,the fact that I'd accidentally folded the mirrors in with a button I didn't know I had,didn't help much...then I ended up in a queue at a pedestrian crossing wondering why the guy in front was madly sounding his horn at an old lady who had every right to cross.It was later that day when the penny dropped,I roll my sleeves up now when Im driving...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: