QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The SAAB transporter

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

When re-setting the cam belt light I took the dash binnacle out..found 4 lighters, 3 X £1 coins and a melted boiled sweet.

Can't be a car from up north original  then 😀

Where do you find these old Sabbs ? It's a good topic do you have any before and after pics ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 22:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

the temperature sender has only one wire and is in the drivers side of the housing below the thermostat the ones on top are for the QWS EGR and QOS
Grandad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the pic of the thermostat housing

South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Grandad..I will have a look at the sender today.
Gribble wrote:
Where do you find these old Saabs ? It's a good topic do you have any before and after pics ?

This isn't a business..it's a hobby thats getting out of control..people call me with cars on a regular basis..3 more in the pipe line at the moment but just not enough time to do them all.
1962 2stroke SAAB 96, stored for 30+years..it took about 8 months of free time and I did everything..

I have a few more pics I will dig out later
South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days of tugging cars and parts around Dorset and the Trooper behaved without fault. It towed the heaviest load yet..a modern SAAB up some of the steepest hills in the area and won over a mate who is looking for something to tow a horsebox with..he made a firm offer but i'm not selling at the moment, his wife wants a Land Rover..but she won't be driving so he's going to look at a new Isuzu next week.
South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the aircon system pressure tested and re-gassed yesterday...it's soooo cold in the cab now.
South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

These SAAB's a rare so I can't tell you how surprised I was to see one I don't know parked up not far from home while towing with the Trooper. Had a good chat with the owner and looks like the trooper has a bit more work to do  Wink

Only downside to the trip was that I lost the handle off my trailers jockey wheel.
South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the longer trips this week..North London and back, a steady run up and a good blast back..the rear exhaust tail pipe dropped off on the return trip..it was held in place by the hanger. eebuygum turned up a new section for a little over £20...took 10 mins to fit. Aircon lost it's gas so i'm going to claim my money back and get it properly tested.
South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT due next week. It should pass but a little chip on the windscreen started to grow after a hard frost last week. I have a guy turning up to see if it can be repaired but it may be time for a new windscreen.
If all goes well with the MOT the truck will be getting a few up-grades.
South Coast Classics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  New MOT with only one advisory on a chip in the windscreen. Insurance also sorted and it's the same as last year so it's time to spend a bit of cash on a few extras.
I'm looking to add better rear springs/shocks. Want a full length roof rack. Wind deflectors for the front windows. I had a silly quote for the windscreen to be replaced with one that has a sun strip so I'm going for a standard screen will find a "visor"
I would like a set of black leather seats but i really like the heated seat facility and I haven't seen the  heated option on leather seats..does it exist?
There are a few small rust bubbles here and there and I want so get the underside cleaned and protected.
What made my day was the MOT guy commenting on how well looked after the truck was and how he missed the swb he sold 5 years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: