Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rough Running 3.0 Help!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the orps do the white wire test to see if it's that
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Browndoff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Eithan has mentioned a point which MIGHT explain the symptoms:

[1]         There has to be enough pressure in the Rail to fire ANY injector - even 'occasionally'!
[2]         ALL the seals and O-rings from HPOP to Injector must be good to MAINTAIN this high pressure throughout the system.

But, as Eithan mentioned, there's a little O-Ring between the Rail and each individual Injector - if one or two of THOSE were leaking [just slightly] - THAT might allow one or two injectors to fire ['cos the Rail-Pressure was OK] - but NOT ALL - so the engine won't run....?

Is that a plausible explanation?
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browndoff wrote:
I think Eithan has mentioned a point which MIGHT explain the symptoms:

[1]         There has to be enough pressure in the Rail to fire ANY injector - even 'occasionally'!
[2]         ALL the seals and O-rings from HPOP to Injector must be good to MAINTAIN this high pressure throughout the system.

But, as Eithan mentioned, there's a little O-Ring between the Rail and each individual Injector - if one or two of THOSE were leaking [just slightly] - THAT might allow one or two injectors to fire ['cos the Rail-Pressure was OK] - but NOT ALL - so the engine won't run....?

Is that a plausible explanation?

Fraid not  Wink ....A leak anywhere and you lose rail pressure  across all injectors
Jasetheace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I thought id let you know what was causing the problem with Trooper, it is the NEW TANK!!!!

I noticed that if I continued to squeeze fuel through it would start and run but I soon as I stopped squeezing it would stop. I put a piece of clear tube in and did the same and realised that the fuel seemed to run out of the pipe and drop back towards the tank.
The gauge showed 1/8 th of a tank of fuel and when I removed the sender there seems to be an 1/8th of fuel in it, I couldn't see the pick up but it seems as though it is either porous or has a hole in the side of it at this point. I chucked in £20 quid more diesel and it started first time(after priming) and ran fine.

Ive now replaced everything as original and driven round all day and its fine.

Im pleased to have found the problem but really annoyed that Ive spent so much time and had to have the car recovered to my workshop to find that something as simple as the tank which is brand new has a fault. I shall be calling them Monday.

Thanks very much for all your suggestions and assistance.

Regards,
               JASE
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the tank from?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Hi , that sounds like fuel to me , has it had a fuel filter change after the tank was done ? Try a clear filter in the line to the mechanical lift pump from the fuel filter and see if airs getting in and work back from there .

Well at least you stuck at it and fixed it ,well done.
Jasetheace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the tank from eebuygum but it was a british supplier, but who knows where its made. I must say it looked fine and all the fixed pipes were in the correct places, looked the same as original other than it has no drain plug and it was rusted out  Laughing
Jasetheace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH!!! Wasn't rusted out Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: