QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newbie Suspension Lift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylor6632

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Newbie Suspension Lift Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just bought a trooper, not got it yet though, but its a swb 1995 3.1 with facelift. I've had a frontera with the 2.8 for few years and thats been lifted 4" on suspension no problems. Ive decided to add the bigger trooper to the fleet as the frontera is still just that bit to tiddly against the landys and such. haha.

Anyway, troopers currently got a 2" body and 2" suspension lift. I want to go 3" on the suspension to give that little extra clearance. I've seen and heard about flipping ball joints and dropping diffs and wondering how hard this is to do? I've been told flipping ball joints is a massive no no no!....? Just don't want to be eating hubs and CV or drive shafts every year.

Cheers for any tips.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

taylor6632

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

also where would i find the correct springs and shocks for this lift? (1995 3.1 swb with facelift)
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome mate, I have a +2 sussy lift and a +2 body lift with top ball joint flip.
when you go above +2 that's when issues arise with CVJ  ect and things such as brake lines need extending also. to get that little extra
bit of clearance your money would be better spent on a set of 33's

David ltm47
taylor6632

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I've got a set of 33 cooper stt tyres on 10j rims. Got them on my frontera with 4" lift but catch when off roading you see. Thats why i thought i'd go that bit more on the trooper to get that extra arch clearance.

I thought a 3" suspension lift could be done without too much issue but i've not had much time with these troopers.
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the two stickies at the top of the Modifications page.

When I fitted my Landy springs - Terrafirma medium load +2" TF023V - they gave me about 90mm of lift over the original rear springs, haven't checked them since so will probably have settled a bit. But I only lifted the front 2", to leave a bit of droop else it would have been really harsh on road.
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylor6632 wrote:
Hi there, I've got a set of 33 cooper stt tyres on 10j rims. Got them on my frontera with 4" lift but catch when off roading you see. Thats why i thought i'd go that bit more on the trooper to get that extra arch clearance.

I thought a 3" suspension lift could be done without too much issue but i've not had much time with these troopers.

Bare in mind that a fronty sits a lot lower than a trooper to start with

David ltm47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: