4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Virtual lift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 14:33    Post subject: Virtual lift Reply with quote

I've just completed the virtual lift on my Trooper, 4" at the front, 2.5" at the back, obviously already have a suspension lift and wanted to be able to fit bigger than 285's without a body lift as I really dislike body lifts, just wondered if anyone else has done this and how much by and what size tyres.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 14:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics and description needed Very Happy
Wilky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics - Working all Easter, I'll try and get some.  Sad

Description - Take one grinder, fit a slitter disc, make merry with the sparks.  Very Happy

Front was dead easy, careful near the snorkel  Shocked  and I've got box section sills, so they were awkward to cut back, but if I need to go further back I can cut and reweld the tree sliders to give me a bit more room, but I don't think I'll need to. Back is harder as it's all double skin as soon as you move away from the lip. It's all trimmed up with U channel to protect it and I've fit some aftertmarket arches as well, which actually bring it back down a bit. I've done away with all the arch liners, they're just *beep* traps, I've painted all the arches with a good quality machine enamel, things wash off the gloss a lot better, won't use that Hammersh!te though  Rolling Eyes

DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you have cut the arches away? I think a few of the Icelandic trucks go down that route.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
MikT725

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id much prefer to trim the arches for clearance than do a body lift, the length of the body mount bolts compared to there dia is scary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: