All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

monterey cutting out at low revs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyfeltamerlane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 18:21    Post subject: monterey cutting out at low revs Reply with quote

Hi all

Sorry to ask this as i'm sure it will have been asked a hundred times before, my mums vauxhall monterey had been parked up for a while and when it came back out of retirement (after charging the batteries up) takes a little while to start and when it does start unless you rev the hell out of it cuts out straight away or when slowing down at junctions or traffic lights and when it does cut out  it takes a while to re start, not sure if this is relevant but when it revs the oil pressure guage increases the higher the revs ( I haven't driven the car before as the insurance was stupid until i turned 25 so not sure if this is normal hmmm) basically does this sound like a big and expensive job or a quick and fairly easy fix that even a 25yr old female could do ( i may sound thick according to this post but i really don't mind getting my hands dirty and have changed body panels on my own car without any issues  Embarassed  ) all your tips will be greatly appreciated as now i can drive the big green machine its driving me nuts that i can't violent1
 sign2
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 18:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

KeithB1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the club.

It could be air getting into the fuel lines causing it to cut out. A common place for the pipes to rot is where they join the top of the fuel tank, if you look between the rear drivers wheel arch and the body you can just about see the pipes to check if there are any wet patches on the top of the tank.

What engine do you have? as it will help people give more suggestions.

Keith
tyfeltamerlane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith

Thanks for the reply, its a 3.1 i noticed once i had pressed submit that the i hadn't put the engine size ( you will have to forgive me i am blonde  Embarassed ) i shall check this in the morning is it best to do this before or after i try to start it.

Regards

Becky
KeithB1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't make any difference when you check it, if the pipes have rotted you will see that the top of the fuel tank is wet.
KKW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's been parked up a while it could just be a simple case of changing the fuel filter.
tyfeltamerlane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Are these fairly easy thimgs to fix and change

Thanks

Becky
tyfeltamerlane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked the fuel lines that i can see and it looks and feels dry, is it worth getting someone with more knowledge to change the fuel filter or is it a simple job.

Thanks

Becky
KeithB1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the fuel filter is an easy job to do, I'll post a pic up later today when I get some more time, busy lifting my suspension at the moment  Very Happy
tyfeltamerlane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Keith

Becky
KeithB1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel filter is under the bonnet on the passenger side. The filter is the round blue thing in the below picture with the filter housing/hand primer on top. To change it just remove the two fuel hoses(remember which one goes where), disconnect the electrical sensor down the side of it and undo the two bolts holding it on. The filter and housing will then come out. The filter just unscrews from the housing(the filter will be full of fuel so keep it upright), once you have the filter off tip the diesel out of it into a container of some sort then unscrew the water separator from the bottom of the filter. To put the new filter on is just the reverse of the above, just fill it with clean fuel before screwing the housing back on so it will make it easier to prime it. Once it is all back on the car loosen(don't take it out) the 10mm bolt on the side of the housing, push the primer until the air is all out of the system and fuel comes out of where the 10mm bolt is, tighten the bolt up and try to start the truck.

Hopefully this will solve your problem but if not there are still a couple of other things to try.

Keith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: