All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 4JG2 Oil Pressure Sender Question/Tach Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBjunior

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:54    Post subject: 3.1 4JG2 Oil Pressure Sender Question/Tach Question Reply with quote

For the 3.1 I have been told that they have a separate oil pressure sender for the gauge and the light, can anyone tell me which one is which?  I only have the one that is under the injection pump and has one wire coming from it.

Also, does anyone know about the wiring for the tachometer?  I see the connection behind the injection pump that has two wires going to one harness, does that usually tie in to a single wire or a two wire set-up as it goes to the gauge cluster?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look through the wheel arch you should see what I mean. There is a union that screws into the block in front of the starter motor. One guage screws into the top of this union, the other into the end. If you start the truck, unplug one and look to see if the guage drops to zero. You have found which one is which. If the gauge is what is wrong then someone else can find out for you.

I assume that the rev counter isn't working. Considering the other issue have you taken the dash cluster out and cleaned the terminals. Could be poor connection there.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

JBjunior

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.  I had seen the unit but I didn't see the second connection, glad it is all there together.  This is going in to my petrol conversion so I am having to get most of this wired up myself.

It originally didn't have a tach and there is one wire going in to the tach but there are two wires coming off of the tachometer sending unit..... trying to figure out what I need to wire up to get it working properly.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 3.1 the rev counter is driven off the fuel pump.

Errm when you say "petrol" conversion .. are you swapping a 3.1 diesel into a petrol car ... or the other way round. Only ask as the petrol's were 2.6, 3.2, and 3.5.

Deceased

JBjunior

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
On the 3.1 the rev counter is driven off the fuel pump.

Errm when you say "petrol" conversion .. are you swapping a 3.1 diesel into a petrol car ... or the other way round. Only ask as the petrol's were 2.6, 3.2, and 3.5.

Thanks for the reply.  Yep, you are correct.  I have the rev counter wiring on the back of the fuel pump.  There are two wires, one is the black/red and then a black wire.  The combine in to a harness.  I only have one wire coming from the back of the gauge, the black/red, so I am trying to figure out where the other wire goes.

It is a Amigo/Mu that had a 2.6 in it.  Swap is complete with the 3.1, just doing nice to have things now. I have a tachometer and all of the wiring from the cluster, just trying to tie it in to the rev counter.
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant be 100% sure but from the manual it looks like the black/reds join and the black is the earth .Might not read right as the petrol rev counter will go higher than the diesel one .

Wont the petrol diffs be a bit low geared for the diesel or is that what your aiming for ?
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ... you might want to swap out the rev counter ... if it will fit. Failing that find some clocks off a diesel Mu, or even a 2.8 Frontera.

My initial thought on the black being an earth was my thought as well.

Gribble.

I know of quite a few people who swap diesels into petrols for that reason. To get the right speeds again they fit bigger wheels Wink

Deceased

JBjunior

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: