2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 won't start without Easy-Start and has 5-6 Flash Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traindriverrob

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 22:33    Post subject: 3.0 won't start without Easy-Start and has 5-6 Flash Code Reply with quote

After 8 years of nearly trouble-free running, my 3.0 Trooper has decided it won't start any more.  I went to work with it one evening, left it overnight and then it wouldn't start in the morning. It turns freely, almost too freely - it doesn't sound quite the same as a normal turnover. There is no evidence the injectors are working as there is no white stuff coming out the back and the Oil pressure gauge is showing next to nothing pressure whilst cranking.

I've done the usual things: pumped/bled the fuel plunger, over-filled the sump, pulled out the white wire (the ORPS was changed about 3 years ago in Witney. Oxon), removed and cleaned the ORPCV (that was fun) which was clean anyway as I do the oil changes regularly, checked all the fuses and the condition of the batteries - All OK

I've done the paperclip test and I'm getting 5-6 on the Engine Check Light Flashes and tonight I used Easy-Start for the first time and Izzy sprang to life as if nothing was wrong! Engine ran lovely, with gauges showing normal readings and I let it run for about 10 minutes before I turned it off.

Now it won't start again without Easy Start. Any ideas where I go with this now?

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 22:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Browndoff

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fault-Code 56 shows the Immobiliser-System has a problem! I don't have one of those in mine - so I've learned nothing about how to sort them out. In general, though, it has to be a 'simple' electrical fault. There's NOTHING wrong with the engine itself.

It could even be as simple as a dead battery in the key-fob system, failing to give the "It's OK - it's ME" signal.
traindriverrob

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply!  I have 2 keys which have no serviceable bits, ie they are metal keys with a black moulded hard plastic top. Is there possibly something inside this hard plastic moulding?

Thanks again.
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be thinking the ropcv is at fault as when they stick shut the engine won't fire,using the easy start  gets a bit more cranking speed so the valve moves over and the car
Really wants going on tech 2 to check the cranking pressure.
Don't worry  about that code it comes up a lot and is probably not  a live one.
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be thinking the ropcv is at fault as when they stick shut the engine won't fire,using the easy start  gets a bit more cranking speed so the valve moves over and the car
Really wants going on tech 2 to check the cranking pressure.
Don't worry  about that code it comes up a lot and is probably not  a live one.
traindriverrob

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dokey, thanks for the replies. I guess that's all going to cost a few quid if I take it to Witney and I don't think it's worth it. Do you think I might be able to find a ROPCV from a scrappy or off eebuygum?
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might find one off trooperdan on here or go and see eithan at his new place for a T2 check
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am now just down the road from the witney dealer and we are a lot cheaper!
traindriverrob

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it some thought, but I think the missus has her heart set on a new truck. Out of interest how much very roughly for a plug-in and fitting a new ropcv?

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: