All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

engine exchange

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 21:09    Post subject: engine exchange Reply with quote

can anyone tell me if a ford v6 engine out of a siera 4x4 would be easy to fit to my trooper? the sieras engine had a complete rebuild and was chipped 7 monthes ago, so i would like to use it if i can.

thanks for any help you can give me
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jjcymru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

suppose anything can be made to fit.

Only problem with them is that the 4x4 runs through the sump.

Not really worth putting in a trooper to be honest.

Nor is any ford engine bar the tranny 2.5 as the torque is too high up the range.
bjm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick responce and honest answer. just seemed a shame after the rebuild. but now i now not to bother.

thanks again bjm
bjm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bother you again but how hard is it to fit the transit engine? A mate of mine has wrote off his, it only has 34,000 on the clock, and has a gas conversion. thanks
brian
jjcymru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

transit diesel would be quite easy as it mounts roughly in the same place as the trooper, wiring is non existant on a diesel and in any case the alternator / starters are on the same positions as in a trooper so ull prob get away without extending/cutting too much.

Good engines , run forever and not too guzzling either.

Youll just need to get your local engineers to make a plate to mount the engine to the box and a mix/match clutch to suit, if your lucky the plates might be the same diameter so ull just need a tranny cover with a trooper plate and bearing.

But in all honesty, youll struggle to beat the isuzu 2.8 diesel in terms of economy, reliability and power..which in particular a tranny 2.5 would be down on.

Youll pick up a 2.8 mk1 trooper with a rotten something or other for £100-250, if yours is a good un just swap all the running gear, and if you can find a LWB/SWB to suit whether uve a LWB/SWB you can use the donor cars propshafts etc, and there youll have all the running gear/wiring hoses etc and ull be able to see it running and in all honesty my 2.8 doesnt burn oil much or smoke at all and its on 120k, still goes like a train!
jjcymru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh, i just realised its a petrol tranny if its gassed. Bloody awful the petrol ones are, thirsty and slow, stick to an isuzu diesel over a petrol any day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: