4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Robin Hoods Bay 1st, 2nd, 3rd August

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I've ever seen twister in a caravan or many of the other organisers. We are staying at the site beforehand, and is £20 a night. As dave says, why don't you get involved in the organisation of events and see the real cost of today. Nothing for free in this life. I say well done to everyone who gives up there own time and money, organising events for everybody to enjoy,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

omega63

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, its Craig i think your missing the point here, your paying for a pitch and not per person, so if you have a tent or caravan the size of Buckingham Palace Laughing  with all the group ITOC staying in it,it will be still the same as someone with a one man tent on his own. There is a addittional charge of £2.50 per person for the BBQ on Saturday, i am with Dave on this " where are you going to find somewhere like this on a Bank Holiday weekend at these prices???". Hope you change your mind, and decide to come in the end Smile ....
rabbitt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperDan wrote:
jacksdad1963 wrote:
I do hope to get to BB14, but the simple fact is its damned expensive!
As I said before, for me to attend on my own, one trooper and a single tent, will cost the same as a group of 6 in a large caravan, with 2 troopers plus another on a trailer: as seen at other meets!
It does appear that this doesn´t matter, as its the event organisers who benefit from this ruling!

£3 a night difference Mike.

1) i dont own a caravan
2) i dont or have never owned more than one truck at a time
3) last year i had to put my hand in my pocket because of people not turning up !!!!!!!!!!!!
4) if you dont like how its done lets see you have a go ........................
5) yes you have pissed me off as all the staff on here work on these events damed hard every year for nothing and still get *beep* from people who do nothing but complane about a £3 difference in campsites but then go off to brag about how much there last mod cost

rant over , off to work and thanks for ruining my friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I've pissed you off I'm sorry: I was coming round to accepting the pricing policy...but *beep* to you then!
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, what you just said is why I was pissed off about the pricing policy: Why should me and you pay £56 each to sit side by side, in 2 x 1 man tents, when a group of 8 people can share one pitch?
Anyway, its irrelevant now...rabitt has made it quite clear that I'm not welcome, so *beep* em!
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Go to any camp site in Britain and ask for a discounted pitch just because you're on your own and you will get laughed out of there.

Why should you get a cheap pitch when someone else could take it and pay the full amount?

Everybody who works on these events works bloody hard for your purpose and the purpose of the club as a whole (and i'm not just talking us mods) there are others that give their time FREE OF CHARGE so the rest of us can enjoy our days with no hassles of planning or no worries we will get thing/lanes wrong.

jacksdad1963 wrote:

As I said...the people who arrange the event turn up in big caravans, with gennies, and even a couple of vehicles on trailers,

As far as i'm aware i am the only one with a caravan on the moderator team (correct me if i am wrong)  and as for a BIG caravan???? Get your eyes tested mate it's 16 foot long and a 5 berth at that.

My wife has a problem with her back the L4 and L5 vertebra have slipped and cause her considerable pain (have you heard her complain? I bought the van many years ago to replace our tent to make life more comfortable for her!!!!

Did you notice at last years event the 2 tents at the side of my van?????????? They were MY kids and they like yourself paid full for the privilege of camping with us because they ENJOY it as do most people.

jacksdad1963 wrote:

"and no noise after 11pm"
After lying in my tent at 3am waiting for the party to finish, this may not be a bad thing!

You are stooping low there fella. PARTY???? a few blokes round the fire having a beer and a chat??

If the reason for you night time rants is the bottle i'd leave it alone mate, You are acting like a child and making yourself look as such to all on here.

Goodnight.

Dylan

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone cold sober, very rarely have a drink  Wink
So, I've been out of order ranting on about how the costs are set. Fair enough
I've had a very difficullt few months, health and finances wise, and some people on here haven't helped with their stupid snide comments .
I won't be attending the Hull 4x4 event either, and its very likely my Trooper will be up for sale soon: I did plan on getting some interest at the Big Bash
I'll put it on eebuygum soon: its V705 DMO, so please don't mess me about!
rabbitt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

so we all have our problems, issues and finacial comitments.....................

i myself got married at the end of may so have not been online as much as i would have liked to

my problem was you launching a personal attack at the staff from this club !

as for you not being welcome , i said nothing of the sort

me changeing my job has forced a vehicle change which to some has been shuned but has not stopped me being involved in the club

if you diside not to attend thats your choice not any fault of ours

jase
Bramblefly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 17:52    Post subject: Humber 4x4 talk to me Reply with quote

Chris
Sorry to hijack this post but you have not answered my calls or emails about the sliders I paid for in May but have still not received.
Give me a refund or the sliders. Ian

Warning to all other readers make sure you get the goods before paying this man or he might treat you like he has ignored me.
rabbitt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bramblefly ,

maybe one of our members down that way could get in touch with him ?
Bramblefly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please that would be great. I keep phoning and emailing but get no reply. This is a last attempt before going to the small claims court. They say I must have tried every means possible to get a refund and this is the only other thing I can think of.
Thanks for your support Rabbitt.
Ian
Twister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksdad1963 wrote:
I do hope to get to BB14, but the simple fact is its damned expensive!
As I said before, for me to attend on my own, one trooper and a single tent, will cost the same as a group of 6 in a large caravan, with 2 troopers plus another on a trailer: as seen at other meets!
It does appear that this doesn´t matter, as its the event organisers who benefit from this ruling!

How exactly are we benefiting from it Mike ?

If your whole complaint is about the fact you could have saved £9 over 3 nights camping, then I'm sorry, but that's pathetic.

Perhaps we "the organisers"should start charging for our time running around trying to sort things. Hours on the phone to campsites,  tankfuls of petrol that myself and other members have used running around different campsites trying to find the right venue for this event, hours spent by other members organising the lanes, fabricating BBQ equipment, getting the food, getting the equipment to the campsite the day before the event so it's all in place, not to mention the hours spent chasing monies due just to make sure people are actually coming and the event is viable. These things don't just happen by magic. Members of this club come forward and chip in of their own free will without being asked, giving their time, using their own fuel, without any complaints, because that is what this club has always been about, pulling together as a team to get things done.

Your contribution has been to simply sit there and do nothing but complain since this event was first posted. Hardly productive, or helpful to the club or this event in any way.

Maybe if you were to offer to help as others have done, then you'd realise that these things don't just happen on their own, and that a lot of time, effort, and peoples own resources go into organising an event like the BB. There is no profit in it at all for any of us, all the money we take is going directly to the campsite, so if you've got a problem with the prices then perhaps you should be complaining to them, although as Dylan pointed out, you'd probably just get laughed at..

Howzabout next year we put the prices up so that all the people that give their time and resources can recoup some of their own hard earned cash ?

Not going to happen, because that's not what this club is about.

If you are going to show, then the deadline for payment is tomorrow night.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: