2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oil where there shouldn't be!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFarrier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 19:44    Post subject: Oil where there shouldn't be! Reply with quote

I seem to have oil building up in the turbo and intercooler of my 3.1d, is it possible that this oil is coming against the flow of air from the inlet manifold? I've replaced the turbo already because the old one was all oiled up and now my new one is doing the same! The truck seems to pull ok, no problems starting no plumes of smoke (Blanked EGR cured that).

I know its had quite a hard life but I wouldn't expect that much crankcase compression after 130k.

Any Ideas

Fazza
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 19:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richard James

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 14:52    Post subject: OIl where there shouldn't be Reply with quote

I have been through a similar problem but with lots of smoke and use of engine oil. Ended up with a cracked block t one of the oil galleries - which pressurised the sump and pushed oil past turbo seals. Having just paid out for another engine I sincerely hope you don't have to do the same.
johnboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 21:42    Post subject: Re: OIl where there shouldn't be Reply with quote

On my 2.8 1989 bighorn /trooper l seem to have a oil leak below the turbo where there is a rubber pipe with two jubilee clips is it just a case
of doing upclips tighter or could this be caused by something else?
Also how do l make dash board lights brighter . many thanks Johnboy.
chedge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the same problem with oil in my Turb, my EGR was playing up too, but solved that by blanking it off. As far as the oil in the turbo is concerned im not that worried. It will probably do it good, ill be interested in how you get over it?!

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: