2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dam it, I'm addicted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:31    Post subject: Dam it, I'm addicted! Reply with quote

Addicted to Isuzu I guess you could say Very Happy

As some of you would know a short (very) while ago I bought a 1995 Land Rover Discovery with a 3.9L V8 petrol engine. Sold the old Trooper and bought the Disco.

Well after ending up in near financial sh**, I got rid of the Disco as it was costing me over NZ$120 a week! In comparison to my old Trooper which cost $50 per week. Laughing

New vehicle:
1990 Isuzu Bighorn (a.ka: Trooper)
2.8L intercooled turbo diesel Smile
Engine, clutch, gear and transfer box, the whole lot was redone 20,000KM ago, which is demonstrator car kilometers.

The Landy will be missed for it's comfort, but nothing else!

Took these today:

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The PIG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic motor mate-welcome back Wink
siweb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one bud Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks a good un mate, discovery v8 waste of time, slow and thirsty. My 2.8 will easily p*ss all over one.
turboDIESELtrooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Troop and congratulations on a nice, new purchase. I'd love to buy the same exact one if I lived in New Zealand or the United Kingdom. The Land Rover V8 probably got *beep* for fuel mileage anyways, so given you are powered by a 4JB1-TC you'll be getting way better fuel mileage, not to mention great reliability. Low mileage too, 20,000 kilometers is nothing on that diesel engine. Not even broken in yet!
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys Smile

So far I'm really impressed with the performance of the old machine. The old 80s shape shows it's age amongst traffic and in the car park, easy to find Laughing A shame the traffic has spead up rather dangerously in about 10 years, really have to push it sometimes to get along. Too many 6 year old Jap imports with low weight to high power ratios I guess.

Will post a better photo when I take one; see the right opportunity.
mbw13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned earliery here are a couple of better photos. Took them when driving home in the blinding sun and thought this torture has to have some advantege, makes for a pretty good pic Smile

Will be putting a turbo timer on the beast over this weekend possibly. Got one for $20 from a MU.
jjcymru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that just wired into the stop solenoid on the diesel pump?
mbw13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 100% sure yet. Spoke to a guy who dismantles and races Isuzus for a living, he reckons it wires up to the ignition. 3 wires, one yellow, one red, and one black.

Black= Earth
Red= Power source
Yellow= Output / apparently

My Dad's in the know of all this kind of stuff so I'll get him to give it a look.
mbw13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home yesterday afternoon, pretty hot day for this time of year, switched off the engine and all I could hear was a bubbling sound and air hissing. Surprised Popped the bonnet and took a look; the resovoir for the radiator was fizzing and the hose connecting to the top of the radiator was cooking. The temperature reading was just over half which I thought was a bit on the high side compared to normal. Gave it a good look over and there is a small hole near the top hose connection. Bloody thankful I was near home!

Getting repaired for $0 by the yard I bought it from Very Happy No damage done Surprised
mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is the nearest it's got to mud with me. Rain was pelting down which made for really good mud. Just took it up some old back roads which are probably passable with a car, at low speed I'd say.

The PIG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a Good Troopie you got there, whats better your old one or this one Question
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the paintwork on the old Troop was 100%. The vehicles which were assembled and painted here always had a really good thick coat of paint. Always maintained a high gloss somehow.

The 2.6L petrol in the old wagon was pretty good. It had a bit more power under boot at lower speeds, but the 2.8L diesel can fly once the turbo has wound up.

As far as hadling in concerned, they're identical. Not sure what Irmscher have done to the wagon apart from Recaro front seats.

I used to get nervous when going anywhere near large amounts of water with the old Trooper, now I don't give a toss Wink To a point anyway.

This one's got the electric windows and Air con which make driving a bit nicer then the old one which didn't have eiither. Would be driving with the drivers and passengers window down then quickly pull off to the side of the road to wind up the bloody window when it decided to rain suddenly Laughing

The wiring is slightly different, the grade of steel used on the bodywork is weaker then the old one, and no chrome anywhere. Is a pleasure to drive in the mud, dam good fun Exclamation
The PIG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing , Sounds good the 2.8td, mine's a 2.6 and is a great vehicle,
I liked the look of your old 2.6, with all that chrome 8)
mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh the chrome sure made it a looker Very Happy

Don't see many (if any) vehicles with that sought of detail added now. Sad

A few examples of the Kiwi version of the Trooper Very Happy

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/45/19915445_full.jpg = River

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/22/19744622_full.jpg = NICE!

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/37/19909937_full.jpg = Bumps and scrapes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: