Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 very hard to start and poor running

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 23:30    Post subject: 3.0 very hard to start and poor running Reply with quote

Hi I have a 00 trooper 3.0 which is very hard to start and runs very bad. It broke down on me 2 years ago about 9000miles after getting recall on injectors.  The orps looks to been changed due to plug been cable tied back on. I checked the ropcv if it was free and it seems to be getting abit 7/8 mm free travel in it. Tried the white wire trick to and still no different could some one please help my thanks

Killian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 23:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fuel problem ,its not clear  from your post has it been stood since it broke down or was that the last work on the engine ?

Have you got air free fuel coming from the 10mm bleed screw on the filter when you pump the primer ?
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it been at a stand still since it broke down on me and 9000mile before that it had the work done to it. Must check that no to be honest I didn't think of that because I know how troublesome the injection system can be. I currently have the rocker cover of and when swinging the engine I have noticed oil squirting from cylinder 1 area squirt out towards passenger side along with a clicking noise. If been doing it on my own so can't see exactly were it's coming from but don't think it's normal because seen videos online of the engines running with no rocker cover and no oil squirting ? I am a hgv diesel mechanic myself just unfamiliar with the huei system
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squinting oil and clicking shows the injectors are working so it's probably fuel troubles you have.there is an issue if oil comes out of two ports at once but I can't remember how it is as I am now an old git so wait for eithan as he's younger .
Remember the 3.0 uses oil at high pressure to inject the fuel .
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the help. Ya would like to know more about the oil squirting from the ports
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it only coming from 1 injector when cranking? if it's all of them then that sounds ok and your looking at a fuel problem somewhere, if it's only 1 injector then it's most likely that injector is faulty and not holding the oil pressure in the rail.
another test would be to disconnect the cam sensor and crank it over it shouldn't enable the injectors so they shouldn't be squirting at all
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers with an will check that later when home from racing. Thanks
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an electric fuel pump in the tank of these.  Drawn a lot of air when it's on it's own tank and can't find any obvious leaks or cracks but runs 100% when on the drum of diesel
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

no so it sounds like you may have rusty fuel lines or a leaking primer unit
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

What way is the pick up in the tanks on them. I just compressed my fuel lines with air and can't see one leak tank is fairly rusty just wonder in could the pickup be Rotton inside it
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't do much good putting air pressure down the lines .

Works on suction  . So if the fuel coming from the tank has air in it then  . . . .

One line sucks fuel up and one returns it .
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but I had the suction pipe all sprayed with soapy water as if you was looking for and air leak on a lorry would that not show up a broken line. How would you go about checking them cause I can't see any clear leaks or damp spots
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of the tank is the favourite place
kpdaf95

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Lads an update for ye. Fixed up my tank steel pipes on top were badly Rotton. Have 4x4 starting and driving now. Start after about 3 turns on first fire.  Now when it starts it's a bit spluttery going up through the revs but goes out of it after a few minutes. But I don't feel like it's getting full power it goes to 2500rpm fairly ok but after that very slow to climb.  What ye think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: