All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

australian recall on J-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:42    Post subject: australian recall on J-22 Reply with quote

I understand there was a recall on the 3.0 diesel.

The one i have i got cheep because it has never run well,  lack of power hard to start.  well I have posted a few times on this forum And followed the advice  but all with out luck.

i had the white wire  out,  rather than cutting it I pulled the pin out of the plug
at some stage  I had also pulled this recall wire out and put the original back in. J-22

Today i gave up,  heap of junk was going to the wreckers.  anyway  i decided to put every thing back together.

The white wire  was easy J-7.  but when i came to this replacement wire J-22.  well j-22  is not from where I took it from.  The new wire has a label on it

Now i have down loaded a manual  and counted the plug positions.  But i have now no confidence that it has not been mucked about with before.

plug has marks from being opened.

Could some one  either list the wire colours  or take a picture of each side   so I can check that things are all good.

NB  i put the New j-22   in 22   not being where i took it from,  and she fired up.  just about shat myself.  4 months  and whala
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

clean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:08    Post subject: spoke to soon Reply with quote

ok  so she was running.

after 10 mints idle,  I turned her off,  started again.  go to pull the other cars out of the drive way,
come back  check engine light is on

Turn it off,   try to start again, dead,  no dash lights  no nothing.

One battery was hissing,  so disconnected that. a few sparks  shows  its dodo and dumping amps.

but still no dash lights  etc.   check the fuses   under the bonnet,  the two big ones   all ok.

Now confused
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame you didn't get an alternator reading. Could be over charging and has now fried the battery and ECU.

Had that on an old Cavalier of mine. Ran a dream then the EML would come on. Ran like poo. Miss firing, no power etc etc. Then the light would go out and ran fine. Took me ages to figure it out until one day I had the multimeter on the battery waiting for it to do it again. Turned out every now and then the alternator would be pumping out 17-18 volts. I was lucky it didn't do any permanent damage to anything. New alternator and everything was back to normal.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

clean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:25    Post subject: and again Reply with quote

found the main fuse  one bolt was not done up.  fixed that and she fired up again

seems to be running ok.  but i have a check eng light on.

now since i have no confidance, in my ablity to red the manual,  or that the wires have been mucked about

could some one,  read off the colors  from the blue plug please,  or even take a pic

thanks
Browndoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean the three plugs on the ECM - J1, J2 and J3. Here's a few pics which include the colour of each cable  and its function.
[img][/img]  
[img][/img]  

As for the Check-Engine-Light, that comes ON when the ECM perceives a problem - which may NOT really be serious! For example, most 3.0L Troopers have been driven hundreds, if not thousands of miles with the CEL ON because of the Throttle-Position Sensor fault - which is TRIVIAL! Use the onboard diagnostics system to determine WHY the CEL is ON [that's the 16-Pin plug down by your left foot]. THEN you'll know what real problem must be fixed.
clean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats it,  thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: