QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

"safe" temperature zone!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dardaj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not the picture of my dashboard (I used it only to show temperature gauge, which looks alike).

Warning lights, except cam belt, which nobody did not turn off after changing the cam belt, were off until recently, when CHECK TRANS started to blink.

I think, that the automatic transmission is GM 4L30-E.

I drove the car on a piece of more hard terrain (the muddy parking place ruined by forest machinery), the driving was very slow and steady, without any special efforts (I try to stick to the rule drive as slowly as possible and as fast as neccessary, when needed Smile ) and the car was not loaded much (three adults, two babies).

I will take the car to service specialized in servicing automatic transmissions. It is the closest version of somebody who can do probably  service on Isuzu transmission in Slovenia Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Matt Quinn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is if you have been driving on a hard surface in 4WD mode...  

I stand to be corrected but, as far as I know, these cars have no centre differential.  This means that on a solid surface, in 4WD the stresses, built up by different wheels turning at different speed, cannot be relieved.  - They should only be driven in 2WD unless on snow, mud, ice etc.

The exception MIGHT be if you have the 'Torque on demand' system (as you say you have) -But I'm not sure about this.

Can I suggest doing a forum search for "check trans" and TOD fault?
dardaj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked the forum, but I was not successful Sad
As you have mentioned, the Isuzu does not have central diff. The TOD works in a matter, that applies from zero to 50% torque from rear wheels to front wheels.

TOD Video

If you drive with TOD on tarmac, you may notice annoying sound of squealing tires, because the TOD is actually braking the wheel on the outside Smile The good thing about TOD is, that you can use it, when you drive downhill. It actually also transferes power from rear wheels to front wheels to help braking.
The "rough terrain" was muddy and from there we got to dirt road. And I drove really slowly.

Anyway, the thought from a mechanic, with whom I spoke on the phone, was, if the transmission is working, it should be everything OK with mechanic parts Smile I am keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise the car would probably stuck there.

My "diagnose" is, that is probably sth wrong either with some speed senors or revolution sensors. I read about the guy, who had same problems as I and at the end he burned out the computer from automatic transmission. I hope, that is not the case in mine.
dardaj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a month I got car back yesterday.
The problem was, that one of the speed senzors contained some water Sad I did not drive through water!
Anyway, the important thing is, that the problem is solved!

Now I will have to drive a car for some time to see if anything else has an intention to brake or fail or ... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: