2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

51 plate Trooper 3.0 TD - Advice please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbie y

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 13:51    Post subject: 51 plate Trooper 3.0 TD - Advice please. Reply with quote

The question is should I scrap it or give it a chance?

The car was due for MOT last month but as I knew it would fail I SORNed her and bought another one. I know I must be daft.

Heres the list of problems I know about and wondered if it was worth a punt at fixing her or just get rid.

The sleeves and seals were done only 4 months ago along with a new injector (work done by Cross Keys Isuzu Leeds). Thats the good part.

I have a coolant leak somewhere but after 3 compression tests nothing could be found so I have to assume the worst and think its the Head Gasket.

The exhaust needs replacing from the CAT onwards. (£125 form Milner Off Road).

There is a small diesel leak somewhere between the tank and the fuel filter pump which could be just a hose but not sure. I changed the fuel filter pump around 12 months ago so hopefully not that. This means I need to prime her on a morning before she starts.

Badly in need of an oil change but cannot remove sump. Garage may be able to but gotta assume the worst.

Upto 6 months ago she was fine but after a blow out doing 70mph everything seems to have gone wrong.

She doesn't owe me anything but haven't really got time to do anything myself with work commitments.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 13:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

give it a chance theres nothing there that isn't scary to fix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: