4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Air in fuel system?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

it won't be the pump, did they try the extra 2 litres above the max mark on the dipstick?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 20:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see the fella who posted just before me ? He knows . Its 400 quid out the window if you follow the other advice .

its pulling air somewhere in my view as its ran ok with an electric pump on did it not ?
Giles 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said they tried overfilling it with oil and it didn't work.Right,I'll just tow it home and ponder,read through a heap of stuff on here,maybe try the oil overfill myself and see if I can get hold of an electric pump too.Thanks for the advice.need a "hmmm" emoticon......
Giles 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beast is home.Any pictures or descriptions on how to remove sump and find the oil pump stack pipe thingy that can split or have the filter fall off the end,or is it a straightforward operation?Tried searching the forum,but my IT skills are clearly not up to it!
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the extra 2 litres in past the max level first, no point in taking it off if it's not the issue
Giles 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,will try that,thanks.Wonder if Parcelforce do a good rate Scotland to Oxfordish...........
Giles 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should say,the air intakes to the turbo have been removed.Whilst at the garage loading it up by putting in low gear and cawing it over,it burst into life and scared me half to death,I was pushing.But just idled a bit and died,same when unloading.Sounded sweet as a nut though.Should do,its only done 40,000 miles.
Giles 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well eithan h and Gribble,I bow to your expertise,knowledge and general helpfulness.Found an unopened 5l of engine oil in the Trooper on its return,had a think and thought whats some oil to lose on top of all the other stuff already spent on,and why is it there?Put in 2 litres,fired her up and she started,reved and moved of her own accord for the first time in weeks,so much so I dared to take her a couple of miles down the road to collect our Xmas tree,and duly arrived home unbroken down.I'm not counting chickens,this is a 3.0l Trooper,but I assume the next step is to drop the sump and check the oil pipe?If it's burst where is the best place to get one?Trooper Dans Independent Isuzu?Is the sump an easy job to remove?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for the garage eh! well done on completing what they couldn't!!

so yes it's dead easy remove the under trays and the crossmember and then drain the oil, undo all the 12mm bolts and two nuts and then prise it down. it's sealed with a liquid gasket so you will need to remove the old bits before resealing but  when it's off you will see it laid in the bottom of the sump and the remains of a bracket still bolted to the engine. now personally i would go with a new strainer and seal as the strainers have been modified with a thicker bracket to stop it breaking and a new seal for obvious reasons. but whatever way you go remember to put a smear of silicone around the seal before fitting as to aid in it's sealing. refit all the bits remembering to let the silicone go off before refilling and using.
Giles 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info,sounds like a job I can do.Can you get the whole pipe,seals and strainer in one set,and where is the best place to find them?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

dealer and just ask for the short strainer and seal
Giles 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again.
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to see on here , most go away and don't come back with any info as to whats gone on .

Good call eithan but you do know them 3.0 lumps well lol .
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol haven't seen that issue for a long time but i had one the other week with the same symptoms Very Happy  Very Happy
Giles 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sump off this morning and you were spot on,strainer pipe nestling in the bottom,bracket sheared.Will be calling main dealer shortly,in the vain,probably,hope they may work on a Sat afternoon,and order up the replacement pipe and seal.Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: