2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Battey & 4wd lights on, batteries charging heater trips

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:00    Post subject: Battey & 4wd lights on, batteries charging heater trips Reply with quote

will try to keep this brief!

New alternator, batteries charge fine everything works OK except the heater trips out after I set off or after a couple of minutes. I have changed the relay but it still happens. Sometimesafter I stop briefly(diesel etc) the heater behaves normally.

The battery and the 4wd lights are constantly on, volt meter if anything seems a little higher than before new alternator.

OOh, nearly forgot, new type 3.0td and when i start in the morning(or when cold) and I turn the heater on the engine revs pick up slightly as usual....driving me potty

Please take pity on an ignoramus
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say its an earthing issue. Check the single wire isn't touching the body of the alternator.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a normal sign that that the blue charge relays faulty and not switching over,it has no control over the alts output so the volts will rise ok and the Rev increase is the ECU seeing the rpms drop with the electrical load of the ceramic heater coming on and compensating for it.
It's the only blue relay in the fuse box.

If it's really annoying you remove the ceramic heaters fuse.

Oh the ceramic heaters a small heating element that gives enough warmth to demise the windscreen from  cold until the engine warms up a bit.
Martin8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 15:04    Post subject: thanks for the response is that why the fan heater cuts out? Reply with quote

I'll check the wire after work,could the blue relay be affecting the heater relay? just before the heater cuts out the relay by the drivers feet start clicking,I have swapped relays in case one of the black ones was faulty but it still happens.

Regards

Martin
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue relay switches on the fan relay and the hrw relay (clicking by your feet)so if its not going over and putting the ign light off the others won't work right.

Its not a 'charge ' relay as such its a 5 pin changeover one .
Martin8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger, thanks so much for the advice, third blue relay here we come.....anyone sell them in bulk? Oh, I've still to check the earthin
g possibility
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do see that there are two types of  blue relays  ? one is N/C and one is N/O  so the one one you want is  N/C. As in the  one for a 3.0 Trooper lol.
Martin8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

OK,it gets wierder.theblue relay howled when I turned started the ignition but everything was the same, 4x4 light and battery light on. It now vibrates

HERE COMES THE NEW TWIST........when first started the heater fan works fine, after two minutes or so it cuts out when the relay at my right foot goes mental and trips out. the wierdest thing is that whenever the heater fan is on the fan belt squeals...when the relay trips the squealing stops.......confused before, totally baffled now.

P.S. The trician fitted only one wire to the alternator - could this be a factor? it charges fine
Martin8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

OK,it gets wierder.theblue relay howled when I turned started the ignition but everything was the same, 4x4 light and battery light on. It now vibrates

HERE COMES THE NEW TWIST........when first started the heater fan works fine, after two minutes or so it cuts out when the relay at my right foot goes mental and trips out. the wierdest thing is that whenever the heater fan is on the fan belt squeals...when the relay trips the squealing stops.......confused before, totally baffled now.

P.S. The trician fitted only one wire to the alternator - could this be a factor? it charges fine
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is two terminals in the alt they both want connecting really . The S one goes to the battery + or the main fuse .

Belts howling ,probably worn or slack.

Blue relay vibrating  - its a import alt should be ok when its running .

Check the bit of loom that goes to the alt its got the body earth in it and sometimes it rubs through and you get what  you have with the fan .
Martin8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gribble

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I have tried everything and the battery light and 4x4 light still on. There is only one wire available to plug on to the alt, the loom looks fine with no worn bits. I am replacing both belts this weekend, is it worth trying the alt plug on the other spade connector?
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin8 wrote:
Dear Gribble - no this is for free only owners of Hitachi W200M machines are getting my dear bills lol

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I have tried everything and the battery light and 4x4 light still on. There is only one wire available to plug on to the alt, the loom looks fine with no worn bits. I am replacing both belts this weekend, is it worth trying the alt plug on the other spade connector?

You have a later type alternator I think that needs two wire into the the small plug I think ,ask one of the moderators  to post your pics of the loom and alt and
lets see if we can sort this .
Martin8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gribble, have done and am just waiting for response from Eithan

Kind regards

Martin
Martin8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://myskiathosvilla.co.uk/?attachment_id=399[/img][img]http://myskiathosvilla.co.uk/?attachment_id=401[/img]
3.2Monty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 20:50    Post subject: Ive got the exact same problem:( Reply with quote

Hi everyone, picked up this thread and it sounds identical to my problem thats developed. Previously I had the four wheel drive light illuminated with the battery light that would come on intermittently, but now they are on permanently and the heater and air-con switch don't work at all (fuses all good). Martin8, what was the final thing you found to solve the issue?

Many thanks David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: