Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Work in progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonkem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 21:47    Post subject: Work in progress Reply with quote

It's been 3 months work so far and it's still nowhere near finished! I'm hoping it makes me more motivated to see some pics on the internet, so here goes! There are 2 galleries.

http://photobucket.com/albums/h268/jonkem/

Hope this picture hosting stuff works Confused
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 21:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jjcymru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics, doubt the c20ne likes swimming tho!
jonkem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was still a 2ltr then & it went much deeper in Strata Florida (hope thats how you spell it!) the water came in the heater vents. Easy with a good bow wave & electric fan but better now with the 2.8 wedged in place:D Much quicker too
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
jjcymru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2.8 is a cracking engine! u swap it out of a trooper or another frontera?
jonkem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

1989 Trooper, MOT failure on eebuygum for £200. Drove it back from Derbyshire with no spring hangers Laughing Laughing A lot more work than if it was a Fronty, but they are very hard to find especially for parts. Not too much fabricating but some interesting problems changing from Petrol to Diesel.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
jjcymru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrol to diesel isnt too bad a conversion to do. Its just the fiddly bits such as rev counters etc is a pain.

Did your 2.8 have a dual mass flywheel? My frontera does and am probably looking at getting a solid flywheel when my clutch is in need of replacement.
jonkem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the electrics because the 2.8 only needs 2 wires to make it go & stop. The petrol has an in-tank pump that won't allow fuel through unless it's pumping & as it was ecu controlled etc etc etc......... Only took 3 hours to work it all out., cut into the loom & power up the pump. Now working very well with pumped diesel Exclamation
The Trooper was solid flywheel (thank god). My sons 2.8 Fronty is still running the dodgy flywheel which fitted straight onto the Trooper engine I replaced his blown engine with. I decided to use the flywheel as the car uses a different gearbox (looks to be a 3.1 box) and I didn't have the time to keep trying different combinations of flywheel & box.
I suspect it is a straightforward swap using a 2.8 Trooper clutch to go with the flywheel but the boxes are so heavy I'm not going to try until I need to Smile
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
jjcymru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

red/blue is the fuel pump feed from the ecu.

Sounds like a peach if u run out of diesel, it pumps it through for you..bleeding's a sinch!
jonkem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to bleed it at all! You need to make sure the return hose is in good order though Smile
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
jjcymru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it still metal hoses all along the n/s chassis rail as per diesel with rubber on either end!
jonkem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember along the chassis legs but probably rigid plastic. It was the rubber length above the tank that was weak. Bit of stress getting the tank down but nowhere near as bad as the tank on the MK1 Trooper, ended up as disc cutter and crossed fingers with extinguisher to hand!
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: