All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ok where im up to now 3.0ltr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 14:22    Post subject: ok where im up to now 3.0ltr Reply with quote

so this thing sat around for 3 years as a no starter after a couple of trips to the local Holden dealer with no success.
so in my drive she was dragged, usually a LR guy I look at as not being much of a challenge.
a learning curve it has been.

the first problem and not a new one to me was lumpy oil. not common but dumping synthetic and mineral oils together can have some interesting results,  IE short mains etc.

dump in two ltrs of diesel.  crank over ( will not start)  dump oil replace.  crank over again with another 2 ltrs of diesel   dump replace as well as all filters.

now to try and start, ( joined this site)

she would start,  with a bit of diesel sprayed into the turbo,  but run ruff and would not rev.

disconnect the battery's,  reconnect  read of the codes.  TPS ORPS and a few others  which were the result of wires hanging out all over the place.

get the correct wires plugged into the correct holes in the ecu

remove clean ROPS,  full of soft gunk  cleaned  seems ok.
replace orps, replace tps,   only one code left-- orps

starts  with a lot of cranking, or easy with a bit of diesel in the turbo. still idles a bit ruff, reved but no power

checked Manifold pressure thing,  seemed all ok..  had it running  put my finger over the outlet for the manifold pressure,   no blow no suck.
stuck an Allen key up there.  didn't want to go, gave it a wack,  black *beep* spayed everywhere.  ummm.

plugged back in,  reves easier,  egr valve visibly working.

will take for a drive tomorrow.

Now open to suggestions.  but I am hoping that there is a bit of air in the oil system which will explain still having an orps code and hard to start.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 14:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

clean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok went for a drive.  no power, seems to be idling on 3 then all 4 at 2000rpm.

any suggestions please!!!!
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem here is the problems over 3 or 4 threads so its hard to see what you have done from whats been suggested to try .

Not revving is normally the oil rail pressure sensor but you have replaced that with a new one  - yes ?

But if an injectors faulty it will do the same .wobbly gearstick at idle is a normal sign of an injector.

Did you have the rail oil pressure control valve out and check it ? not the rops or the orps .Its in a different bit of the engine .

Can the car go on a TECH 2 ? I'm  interested in  the reading from the live data screen and the following tests done .

Injector balance test.

Injector shut off test .

Oil rail pressure - Desired and actual .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: