Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4jx1 making me sad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:14    Post subject: 4jx1 making me sad. Reply with quote

Hey,

I am from Australia I have a 2001 Jackaroo with the 3lt 4jx1 engine... had it for 3 days then it died..

left it for about 6 months I have replaced the following.

Following are brand new!

Injectors
Injector sleeve O rings
Injector harness
ORPS
ORPCV
TPS
Fuel Filter
Both oil filters
Runs HPR5 5w40 oil ( recommended by every 4jx1 owner in Aus )
May have forgot a few things done a lot of work today.

Okay issue now is car cranks over like it should but will not fire cough/ start.. Filled Oil Rail with oil, primed/bled fuel filter multiple times has just over half a tank of new diesel. I am at breaking point anything else i should be looking at or a way to get it started?

Problem before i took it off the road it started but once i revved car it would cough and stall. and on a good day wouldn't go over 3000rpm then cut and stall cough and such. If i forgot anything im sure you guys will let me know lol

cheers scott!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a thought it started 2 days ago just didnt run well.
buz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the club. Have you checked the oil strainer in the sump ?  You can eliminate this by filling with oil to the max mark then adding 2 extra litres of oil. 5w 30 is spec over here.
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

buz wrote:
Hello and welcome to the club. Have you checked the oil strainer in the sump ?  You can eliminate this by filling with oil to the max mark then adding 2 extra litres of oil. 5w 30 is spec over here.

I bought that part but friend forgot to bring it down today whilst we done rest of work so I can install it in the next day or 2 and try again. but it ran 2 days ago just not well..
buz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had it on the diagnostics at all.
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

buz wrote:
Have you had it on the diagnostics at all.

Tech 2 showed no codes or errors if that's what you mean. was getting later about 7:30pm here so we called it a night. will try again in day or two with fresh brains. just thought i'd post here for any hints or tips but has me stumped everything is exactly the same with them new parts Sad. going to bed now 1am here will reply in the morning thanks for quick response and help this page will be my new favorite page soon! lol
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like its pulling air in from the top of the hand primer ,does it get to 3000 then fade off to nothing ?

Did you check the engine speed on the live data display on tech 2 when cranking over as it might be a crank sensor going down .
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Sounds like its pulling air in from the top of the hand primer ,does it get to 3000 then fade off to nothing ?

Did you check the engine speed on the live data display on tech 2 when cranking over as it might be a crank sensor going down .

Faded at 3000 rpm i took it to a shop they said they had it running with a new injector orpcv and orps, but today i tried running it again it almost went just didn't do that last fire up. so that's been well over an hour trying to crank now?
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a video of it running but wasn't very well but i can no post video Sad
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just do the extra oil trick as its easy and proves the lower pumps sending oil up to the high pressure pump .

There are no fault codes for wrong pressures the live data screen needs looking at to see whats be made compared to whats wanted .

As eithans  posted what happens is the HPOP uses up the oil in the reservoir  as the lower pumps pulling air and the engine dies .crank it a load  more some oil gets pumped up the engine fires uses the oil dies .

But if the strainers now fell of the pump inlets above the oil so none gets pumped up .

The are plenty of videos of poorly 3.0's one here lol
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

been told to start it and let it run rough for 10mins idling just incase of air.. kinda scares me but ill try it.
Scottyzilk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, got it running rough again.. let it idle for a bit it stalled started again it ran nice! air in oil system/ fuel. thanks for quick replies really thankful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: