Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wheel arch extensions......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bedders

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 20:49    Post subject: Wheel arch extensions...... Reply with quote

hi guys, now I'm new to the Trooper scene and I'm planning putting a 2" suspension and 2" bodylift on my "new" 3.1td swb, I'm also going to be fitting 33 12.50 15s on shogun rims(or that's the plan anyhow!)
So, after flicking through the forum, which may I ad has been of so much interest, so we'll done chaps!!, I believe I may be needing a set of arch extensions to keep myself within the law!!!!, my question to those of you in the know is, where can I get hold of a set of said extensions??
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 20:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

supersix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is a 4x4 breakers or look on auction site. It's all out there somewhere!Smile
Bedders

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking mate, suppose il just have to be patient n see what pops up.
Do the mk3 arches fit the mk2 do you know??
supersix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not everso sure. I'd think they probably would. I have mk3  and apart from engine, grill, and dashboard   i don't think there is much difference. I have used mjm 4x4  breakers in Hull they have quite a few troopers in and aren't too pricey. It's a bit of a trek out there though.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made these

I've got 33 12.5 15's myself, the fronts rubbed even with 2" suspension lift and 3" body. Now lifted the body another inch and its ok now  Laughing
my wheels are zero offset and the tyres stuck out beyond the standard arches, so I made the ones shown: I got 1000x 120x1.2mm aluminium sheets cut to size, the formed them by hand, rivetted at one end to start then shaped to fit as close as possible then rivetting as I went along. I cut down the fronts to approx 890mm, and cut out a triangle at each end to meet with the plastc.
I then filled the gaps between the plastic and ali with grey bonding silicone, and finished the edges with ready made beading fron the usual website  Wink
Bedders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good there pal, thanks, as I havnt got the plastic arches fitted to mine I was after a set of those, was, until a nice guy called Mick at crewe4x4 sorted me a full set off a 2003 swb including the cil covers for a very reasonable price, il have them next week so I can start modding!
So with the 33"s fitted, I'm going to need more than just a 2+2 body n suspension lift to stop them catching then??
Was hoping to get away with just that, but this is why I've come to you guys!!
Would it be possible for you to tell me exactly what is needed to get them on without clearance issues please as I could do without buying twice Laughing
I have a set of +2 springs from Mark at My autos and +2 spacers too, these are on my current frontera, but I'm led to believe that they will fit onto the trooper the same, also have +2 alloy bodylift blocks, but if I need a higher lift I don't want to fit twice when once will suffice.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: