All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tunit tuning box for 3.0 ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modelwise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 18:23    Post subject: help wanted 1995 isuzu bighorn 3.1 Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
Interesting .. Chorley is 15 mins away from me.

hello im new to isuzu uk
i have a 1995 3.1 bighorn and wanted to fit a boost gauge to it but unsure on were to plumb it into id be most greatful on any help

also were can i get a work shop manual is there link to get one most greatful for all input thanks alistair
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 18:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome modelwise  Very Happy
Go to the new members/introductions page and say hello!
Then, open yourself a new post back here or under 'engines'...you will get loads more replies as not everyone will read this post  Wink
I'm not sure how to fit a boost guage but the guru's on here will know!
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now finished fitting the unit, tidied up the wiring and found it a proper home.
The instructions say start at mid way (number 5) which I did....then turned it up to 9...POWER!
Now it wasn't slow to start, but its flying now: the midrange in third gear is amazing, 30 to 50 mph in no time, it spins the wheels when I boot it from standing, not bad with 33 x 12.5" tyres fitted  Twisted Evil
mcard31
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so we have finally found a chip that works Smile I want one but not sure if I can justify the £500 price tag when the trooper wasn't even that much lol keep us posted jacksdad

Snorkel, Rock/tree sliders, super winch locking hubs.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want one tell me first: I'll get a £30 bung!  Very Happy
If you get the dearer one (like mine) and sell the vehicle, you can remove it and get it re-worked to fit your new vehicle, it has a 5 year warranty and you get a 2 year engine warranty, well worth the price difference between this and the standard unit.
I've basically been ragging the trooper everywhere but the fuel consumption has stayed the same at 18 mpg round town  Crying or Very sad
I keep thinking that there's no improvement only to reach for the gear lever and find I'm in 4th or even 5th when I thought it was in 3rd gear...and I'm doing 50 mph not 35 ish!
The midrange as stated is stunning, I can change into 3rd, slow down until the revs drop to 1000 then floor it, it starts to accelerate without any problem, then as the revs build its like something has started shoving me along the road, the difference in torque is the biggest gain can be felt: I keep doing this, no wonder the fuel use is bad!
Next job: wind down the unit to number 2 or 3, and try a long run, say a trip to the lakes, motorway at 60, then cruise the A roads, about 80 miles Mway and 20 fast A roads. I honestly expect to see mid 30's.
The only downside sofar is the exhaust is throwing a bit of carbon/soot out: I have removed the back box for offroading and the side of the fuel tank level with the end of the pipe has a bit of soot stuck to it. I have been doing the above tests with the unit on max, so I don't expect anything else!  Wink
I'll get the constant 60mph test done asap and let you know what mpg I get, then there's the dyno test.... Cool
mcard31
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good bit of kit Smile well come for a long run to Newcastle and I can steal it Wink lol. Myn smokes a bit anyway lol think the cat is full of sh**. Need a full system first.  The mid range tourq and response sounds rather good.

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'decatted' mine by knocking out the honeycomb filter with a long bar, looks standard for the Mot man, and really helped with gas flow
I also took the front pipe off and cut out the warm up flap and removed all the junk that goes with it, don't know if that helped but it really tidied up the engine bay, and I then had a spare pair of VSV's for the shift on the fly  Wink
mcard31
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering that but think I might get a full system made at spanner monkeys in Washington they do a good job  Laughing

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, a better system also helps, I've got a Powerflow stainless cat back, just wish it sounded a bit louder  Shocked
I'm getting a side exit pipe asap to replace the box/tail pipe I've removed, a local place can make it for me, will go from the side of the fuel tank then across and out through the rear area of the wheelarch....pics to follow of course  Very Happy
mcard31
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have your power flow one then Wink pleeeeeease

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will only have the rear box & tail pipe left....and it doesn't fit onto the standard pipe!  Crying or Very sad
mcard31
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super glue duct tape  Rolling Eyes anythings possible lol if its shiny itl definitely fit haha

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only.... Very Happy
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again!
I've just done 2 economy runs, using 4 gallons of fuel each time, thats 18 litres to you youngsters... Very Happy
I've been taking it easy, but still driving round town, and a couple of 15 mile motorway runs at 60-80 mph.
Over the last 2 runs, I've averaged 25 mpg  Very Happy
So, its early days, but the economy figures are also good: I would bet on 30 mpg on a steady 60 mph run, even with the tunit box left on max power
I can accelerate pretty briskly while staying below 2000 rpm, easy to keep up with traffic, I can also roll along in 4th without touching the pedals, at about 25 mph!
In the 20 limits, I leave it in third at about 900 rpm and no throttle....amazing!
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fogive me, but if this unit is fitted in line between ORPS and ECU, isn't it just giving fake readings to inject more fuel. Would that cause the sooting issues? All that extra fuel surely burns hotter, is that a good thing with aluminium pistons. Where do you stand if you melt one over a period of time. Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: