2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Strange "Blue Relay" problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 15:23    Post subject: Strange "Blue Relay" problem. Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.
Several times over the past couple of weeks I've turned the ign on to find no battery or 4WD light and the fan working.Switch off and back on again and all is normal. Sticking relay came to mind.
Since then whenever I've turned it off I've waited a few seconds and then turned the ign back on to ensure all was normal.
Now a few times after being shutdown and checked, stopped from 20 mins to overnight I've found the no battery or 4WD light and the fan working scenario  Shocked
I spent about 10 mins today switching the ign on and off about every 20 secs and on one occasion the fault re-occurred.
All I can think of is some sort of alternator fault, powering the blue relay when ign is turned on.
No issues with charging or voltage levels, all seems normal there.
Any thoughts on this one please ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 15:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Matt Quinn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignition switch? - Pick up a wee can of Servisol from Maplins; try 'feeding' the switch a bit of that...
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the  blue relay out and see what happens  Wink
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....with relay removed ign on no batt or 4WD light, now and again when switching on these lights come on momentarily. Good known Blue relay replaced.
Switch through posn 1, aux then ignition fast ie straight through sometimes no batt or 4WD light. However sitch through slowly between aux and ign...between the two you can hear a relay switching over and lights are fine.. Smile No problem really  Embarassed
Sooo....it does indeed look like summat to do with the ignition switch......Thanks Gribble & Matt   thumbup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: