All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New Trooper owners with a problem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogmobile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 20:29    Post subject: New Trooper owners with a problem! Reply with quote

Hello all,

We have had our New (02) Trooper for a few days and all seems okay. Well up until today that is! Temperatures up here have been hovering around freezing most nights and this morning the Trooper was reluctant to start, but did eventually. Noticed that battery was running down when trying to start it.

Got to work, about 8 miles and after turning off wouldnt start again and battery/batteries? We're nearly flat. Used jump leads and started on the button. Checked battery gauge and was hovering around 9v. Went up immediately to 13 when driving but back to 9/10 at idle. Was starting to charge, but after stopping at Tesco and leaving car idling level was dropping again. Got home, turned off and tried to start but battery dead again.

Noticed when I jump started it that pos battery connection was loose so tightened it.

Any thoughts or ideas? All help gratefully received!

Car is an 02 Citation 3.0 TD auto LWB 7 seater.
2 owners from new
88,321 miles.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 20:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a new alternator maybe ? Thats if the drive  belts are nice and tight of course .
Dogmobile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Time for a new alternator maybe ? Thats if the drive  belts are nice and tight of course .

Thanks Gribble, will check belt tension tomorrow. Well I would if I had any idea what belt and where it is! Any ideas how much alternator cost is supply and replace. Car seems okay apart from this and the 4wd problem that I mentioned in our intro.
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the bonnet you will see 2 belts the same size and one on its own , the two the same are the alternator dive belts .

Now as you have a top spec auto you will need the 90 or 100 amp alt so don't buy a cheap one off eebuygum get one from a good auto factors .

Its not an easy job to change as the air con pumps in the way but 2 hours is a fair time for a garage  to charge .

What 4wd problem ? on a 3.0 ? never heard of such a thing  Smile
Dogmobile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Under the bonnet you will see 2 belts the same size and one on its own , the two the same are the alternator dive belts .

Now as you have a top spec auto you will need the 90 or 100 amp alt so don't buy a cheap one off eebuygum get one from a good auto factors .

Its not an easy job to change as the air con pumps in the way but 2 hours is a fair time for a garage  to charge .

What 4wd problem ? on a 3.0 ? never heard of such a thing  Smile

Dive belts? This thing can go under water too? Local dealer is A M Phillips, who seem to have a good reputation from what we can gather. Happy to buy decent belts as car does seem as though it's okay in all other respects. I think the 4wd issue was me being an idiot! But to just make sure, should our car have 3 ratios in the high, low gear thingy next to the auto lever?

I could only find two, but then eyesight is going as well as other bits! Thanks so much for the advice by the way, it is greatly appreciated Gribble.
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome , do you know Anthony O'Hefelon ? he is an old  mate of mine and  works in the  forestry timber trade round the Fort William area.

Dive belts , umm its this apple mac smart  guess what your typing  computer thingy but from personal experience yes Isuzu Troopers can go in 3 feet of water with no ill effects .
Dogmobile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Your welcome , do you know Anthony O'Hefelon ? he is an old  mate of mine and  works in the  forestry timber trade round the Fort William area.

Dive belts , umm its this apple mac smart  guess what your typing  computer thingy but from personal experience yes Isuzu Troopers can go in 3 feet of water with no ill effects .

Don't know Anthony, but we are a bit away from Fort William. We have the same problem with predictive text... Arghhhh.

Not quite ready to try the three feet deep water yet, need the bloody thing to start first!  Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: