2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Looking at buying a Rodeo but worried about Crash safety

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doublem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54    Post subject: Looking at buying a Rodeo but worried about Crash safety Reply with quote

Hi all - as I said in my previous post I am interested in becoming a pre 2012 Rodeo owner as I am purchasing some land for an agri and eco tourism business. However I am worried about Crash safety after viewing the NCAP video's and reading their reports.
Am wondering what others think and if anyone has been unfortunate enough to have been in an accident in one ? I have 9 years + no claims but have been involved in 2 write off accidents in the last 5 years so I know other drivers often do crazy things !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Aragorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda worrying that older stuff like the Frontera and Trooper manage three stars and the Rodeo only manages 1 and a half!

I suspect in reality, if your actively worried about the crash safety, you simply need to consider either a newer DMax which manages 4 stars, or different vehicle instead.
cynic-al

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wonder how these crash test figures are calculated. Our car is a 5* but feels like it would just fall apart. I guess its to do with whats inside the doors, where the steering wheel, pedals, engine go etc. You have to remember these are a very budget vehicle and I think the biggest market is Thailand so that was their target audience in terms of price and safety.

When it comes to the NCAP what's the difference between a 2 and 4 rating? Is 2 it'll hold together in 'normal accidents' but you'll probably break an ankle and 4 you'll walk away? Also remember Porsche won't allow NCAP testing on any of their cars - makes you wonder?

I look at it like this, theres a chassis and a lot of car if i'm hit from behind or infront, from the side a car would hit the sill rather than the door and if it rolls, well, I'm 6'4" so I probably wouldn't remember my head propping the roof up  Laughing

I guess you pay your money and make your choice!
josh2109

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

They revise the test criteria every so often, so a car that scored 3 stars in 1999 would not be as safe as a car that scored 3 stars in 2009. It's possible that the new Rodeo's 1.5 star rating equates to a higher level of safety than the older Isuzu's 3 star ratings.

Also worth bearing in mind is that star ratings between the car categories are not equivalent either. A 3 star super mini is not to be considered equally as safe as a 3 star saloon for example.

Finally, the tests they conduct are controlled. The reality is that an actual crash is not going to replicate those conditions, so the car can't be expected to perform as per the tests under real world conditions.

So I guess what I'm saying in summary is that their safety data is valid for the scenarios they test and for what is considered safe at the point in time the vehicle was tested, and it should be kept in mind on that basis and as an indicator of safety. But, you also have to bear in mind that anything could happen out there on the roads and there are situations where no amount of Euro NCAP stars would save you - you just have to make a judgement call I guess! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: