2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My '93 Bighorn Lotus Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josh2109

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 23:32    Post subject: My '93 Bighorn Lotus Edition Reply with quote

I just realised that I haven't posted up pics of my truck! Shocked

Here she is just before I bought her:

And here's a pic from up at my parent's farm:

I bought it on a a bit of a whim, I saw it whilst driving past a local car sales place and I'd always kind of wanted one, I love their road presence. I had it for £725, and it's probably the most useful car I've owned to date Smile I have a fair few project cars, I've also got 2 Labradors and my family keep horses so the Isuzu gets put to use a fair bit what with trips to the woods and being filled with car parts and sacks of feed.

I found that the boot can take a euro size pallet, which comes in handy for shifting engines about Cool

Unloading a 1.8t 20v engine for my Golf:

The Momo wheel was pretty worn, so I fitted a Nardi Torino which I had earmarked for my '86 Prelude:

Fairly sure I had some pics of my mutts sitting in the back looking half trained, and some photos of my kayak chucked on the roof and such, but can't find those right now...

At any rate, I love my Isuzu. I couldn't be without one now!! I know it sounds stupid bit I'm really not sure how I made it all this time without a 4x4 Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 23:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

KKW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it hasn't got the Lotus steering wheel.
josh2109

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the Lotus wheel is in the dining room currently Laughing I fitted the Nardi wheel from an Impreza as the PCD is the same as that of the Momo wheel and I like the feel of it a bit more Cool
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is because the wheel you took off (for the earlier Bighorn Lotus editions) is a momo wheel Wink

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

josh2109

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry that's my poorly structured sentence Laughing it should have read '...as the PCD is the same as that of the Momo wheel previously fitted and...'

I hadn't missed the Momo logo that was embossed on the original wheel  Wink  Laughing

On a slightly different subject, is there a place for threads about our other 'drives'? I have a fair few knocking around the place Smile
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope ... Readers drives for all your drives Smile

Deceased

josh2109

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 22:50    Post subject: The fleet! Reply with quote

Happy days, in that case here's the other motors that keep me busy/poor (in some kind of chronological order of acquisition):

This is my '01 Honda Accord, I bought it aged 19 and promptly blew up the 2 litre vtec engine, piston rod through the block style Embarassed I've put a Japanese H22A VTEC lump into it since but never got round to making it roadworthy again due to subsequent projects. It's been off the road for almost 6 years now Embarassed  I've bought some more bits for it this month though so who knows, maybe I'll sort it out this summer...

As the Accord was out of action I set out looking for a reliable car. I stumbled across this mk2 Golf Driver and the reliable car idea went out the window Laughing Despite frequent breakdowns it's easy to fix at the roadside which is something of a redeeming quality I guess, and this car also taught me how to replace a head gasket which set me down the tinkering path. It's done about 250,000 miles though and the engine was still going strong, so it's a proper little fighter. I stuck an 8v GTi cam shaft into it which made it a bit more lively, other than that it stayed largely unchanged since I bought it. I've done tens of thousands of miles in it, and my girlfriend ran it as her daily for a bit too. Other cars were bought though and the Golf got used less and less, so just before winter I started upgrading it to an EFI engine rather than the dodgy carb it had. I've put the 2 litre 8v from a mk3 GTi into it, I'm just waiting on a few bits (and some good weather) and the Golf will be given a new lease of life I hope. I have a 1.8 20v turbo engine tucked away for a rainy day too...  Twisted Evil

This is what I bought my girlfriend when she sent me off out to go buy her a sensible daily driver Laughing  Of course I actually bought it because I didn't think she'd like it, and so it'd become mine by default Twisted Evil It's a Japanese import Honda Prelude, and has the 200hp 2.2 VTEC engine. My plan backfired as after the initial *beep* I got, it turned out that my girlfriend actually really liked it. We've kept this one fairly stock, although I've bought some little mods for it like an OEM parking pole. It's fairly low mileage so we don't use it that often anymore, it's actually out of MOT currently but come the better weather I will be asked to put it back on the road as Laura will want to drive it at the weekends.

Then we got a puppy, so we needed something more dog oriented than a coupe:

We got this:

Not much to say other than it was frugal and reliable (electrics aside). Did thousands of miles in it, then I sold it one day as it was just too boring Laughing

Next!

This was my daily for a fair bit. I got it back when I was a salesman for Honda, it's a 1987 Honda Accord GSi. The GSi was a bit special as it had a 2 litre 16v DOHC engine, you can identify it by the gold painted rocker cover. Only a few left and this is a car I hope I never part ways with. I have all the history back to 1987 as it was owned by 1 couple all its life. It's got electric everything, air con, insanely comfy seats and due to a healthy power to weight ratio it can show up a fair few modern motors. Definitely one of the easiest to live with cars I own. Again, due to low mileage and condition I try not to use this one, it's not going back on the road until Summer and probably won't get driven that far. It's better for dogs than a Prelude though!

I obviously hadn't had my fill of VW 'reliability' with the Golf and so I punished myself further by buying this:

It's an '88 mk2 Scirocco, when it worked it was awesome but sadly it liked to break down a lot. I ran it for a fair while, did a lot of work on it, built a new carb out of my spares, got it working brilliantly and drove it for a bit, then I parked it a couple of days and then it ran like a dog again Evil or Very Mad I sold it to a lad looking for a project, he's local and so I see the car being driven about which is gutting - I really want the car back Laughing I regret selling this one, but at the time it seemed like the right thing Crying or Very sad

Because I obviously didn't have enough projects already, I bought another:

This is an '86 Prelude GSi, something of a sister car to my Accord as it runs a similar engine and running gear. It has a bad case of tin worm, and the clutch was completely shot when I bought it. I changed the clutch and gave the car a full service, but I've had other priorities so have not sorted the bodywork yet. It's in the garage waiting for the time being, next year might be the year it sees the road. I'm just glad to have saved it from scrap, it's a rare beast and so I'll keep it squirreled away for now Smile

This was next in to the fleet, an '02 Honda Civic for my girlfriend to commute in and for the dogs to filthy up. Another one that was a bit boring tbh, bought it cheap and ran it in to the ground. We scrapped it not long ago, I kept it around for a bit with a view to rebuilding the motor in my spare time but for the money and effort it just wasn't worth it for that kind of car.

Roll on this:

I got this for my girlfriend, it's an Audi A6 in 1.8 turbo guise. It's lovely to drive, and as she does about 70 motorway miles a day it's an ideal car for eating the miles up. It is of course a jumped up VW though, so it does like to go wrong - most notable was the time it tried to set fire to itself Laughing Maybe I've just had bad luck, but I should stay away from German stuff. When this dies I'll be buying Laura another Honda!!

This one is my latest daily driver. It's an '01 Subaru Legacy GT-B E-Tune II, the perfect blend of estate practicality and 280hp twin turbo madness Twisted Evil I imported this myself at the end of last year, it's done about 50k miles in Japan so hopefully it will treat me well. It's definitely a blast, and there's a certain amount of mischievous enjoyment to be had in an estate that can outrun a good few sports cars - the quoted 0-60 is 5.5 seconds!!

Last but not least, here's my latest 'Bighorn':

It's a '94 Honda Horizon, but it is of course a Bighorn underneath the Honda badges. I've bought this to use as a bit of a toy/workhorse, but need to get it running first. Hopefully I'll get it going as it'd be a shame to break it, I think it's something of a novelty Smile

So there we go!! That's the fleet, and bar the Civic, Xsara and Scirocco they're all still knocking around either at my house or at my parent's farm. I'm definitely kept busy!!!
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a lot of cars Very Happy

Deceased

Bubble-07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 95 Horizon 3.1 TD Lotus Edition etc and love it. It's only rarely used when I've big stuff to shift, if I'm off on camping & fishing expedition or if the white rain has visited overnight. As we all know it is just a Trooper - but I kid myself on that mine's 'special'............haha.

Same as all trooper owners - I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: