4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Not my Trooper but me in the dirt all the same

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 16:34    Post subject: Not my Trooper but me in the dirt all the same Reply with quote

Heres some pics of my latest off road trip in South Africa......

This is a main road, just trying to work out which fork we take....

This was the most amazing road, it's called the Swartberg pass or black mountain pass and is supposed to be the most spectacular dirt mountain road outside the Himalayas.

The view

Monster truck anyone

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 16:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me at the cape of good hope

For those who camped at Langdale quest, I bet you wished your tent looked like this, the ensuite claw footed tub was just behind the bed.....

Campfire entertainment, these guys were good, two of them ae the elephant trainers and the other two porters, they gave us all a bongo lesson and taught us a traditional african song, bloody marvellous.

siweb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) Wink

Was it just dirt roads or did the going get tricky?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil looks great,
You should forward those to old Jon Willy, he'd like them Wink
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dirt roads, some were better maintained than others, we passed a couple of sections with roadworks on where they were re-grading them (seemed strange coming across a stop-go man on one!) That one at the top was a big one, the pass was pretty much single track in places and very rough in places (although we did pass some normal cars coming over, mostly old mercs)

The biggest problem with them is they get heavily corrugated and it don't half make your teeth rattle. In the wet they get very slippery in places, still pretty solid but a nice slimy layer of gloop on top. TBH I wouldn't have wanted to go on anything much more severe in it as the ground clearance wasn't great, if you want to do that then the weapon of choice is a 4x4 double cab pickup, mitsi, Nissan or Isuzu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: