Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

new owner-crispy rear door jamb : (

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
courierdude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 18:46    Post subject: new owner-crispy rear door jamb : ( Reply with quote

hi all, first time poster and first time ive owned an isuzu bighorn that i picked up yesterday for a complete bargain price.

its a 92 lwb bighorn import with the poo colour interior : )

done about 60 faultless miles in it so far and just having a proper look around it today.

wondering if the gutters get blocked on the roof and cause the bottom of the door jambs to rust out and if anyone knows if there is a specific place that the water enters?

had exact same thing on my mk1 pajero except was on the opposite side.

also i has some bubbling on door waist seal/exterior door capping but cant really make sense of which part of the trim has failed?

very happy with this truck regardless, just a couple of niggley things going on otherwise.

cheers neil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 18:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

aduncan
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome.

can't help you 'why' the bottom of the rear door jams turn to rust, but mine too have the problem and are on the 'Noggle list' might try to butcher them this weekend, and get some more years from them before real surgery and metal replacement.
courierdude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to make up a metal shape and weld it in their sometime but id like to find the cause of it first and slow it down. the car did have the seal on the door hanging off but it looks more like the ingress is coming from behind and not on the outer surface. wheel arches look sound so i dont think anything is being knocked up from that end and ive seen leaky gutters kill the sills in the same place on MGBs and pajeros.

i'll get the trim off and post some pics if there is anything evident.

cheers for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: