2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Don't want to get my car "written off" for a minor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLB(UK)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Don't want to get my car "written off" for a minor Reply with quote

Heyup guys, long time...

After some advice please.

My Wife's trooper just got bashed on the rear corner. The underlying metal panels are fine, even the paint is OK, the rear bumper corner is a little mashed, the under bumper reinforcing steelwork just needs a few hammer blows to straighten, and the rear mudguard needs replacing.

Now the woman who bashed it is doing it under her insurance , as her car had a lot more damage (ours was stationary !)... so the "give me a few quid and I'll just sort it myself" route that I would have preferred is not an option.

Waiting for their insurance company to contact us, but I'm thinking they are going to need us to get some quotes, all of which will be astronomical compared with the car's value (say a grand, and the car is not even worth 2k), and they will say it's a write off and offer me £800 or something equally useless, then I have no car...

Any advice welcome.... the car is fine, no minter, minimal mods, but nothing wrong mechanically and I've no reason to want rid of it.

Thanks in advance - JB
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andymac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of your options would be to let them right it off then buy it back,i know you could do that a few years ago as have done it twice myself but not sure about now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: