4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

tech 2 clone info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Tech 2 / Tech II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetecturbo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 20:15    Post subject: tech 2 clone info Reply with quote

Really need to get my trooper on a Tec2 and think it's best I buy 1 rather than pay a dealer who prob don't know how to use it right .so my question is for anyone that's bought a clone Tec2 .Where did u buy it for and how good was it
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

c551rh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:29    Post subject: Clone Tech 2 Reply with quote

I bought mine from OBD2Tool.co.uk (NOT .com). I got the sp23-B because although it was a bit more expensive it was the only version offering the "Isuzu K-line" 32MB card. The other versions only offered "Isuzu English" without offering K-line specifically and I didn't want to be stuck with a CANbus card - but when I looked at the web site yesterday, the specific K-line offering was not mentioned any more. For the functions I have used - diagnostics (including component tests), data display and recording, and uploading recorded snapshots to a Windows XP PC, it has worked perfectly. Uploading data to a PC requires TIS 2000 software, which came with the Tech 2, but this would not work with a PC running Windows 10 - and presumably not 8 either. I dug out an old Windows XP laptop and with a bit of fiddling TIS 2000 installed.  The transfer of data from Tech 2 to PC and the subsequent display on the PC of data and running plots works perfectly.  Running plots on the PC allow the display of 6 parameters at a time - much more useful than the 3 allowed when running plots on the Tech 2 itself.

The clone Tech 2 does not offer all the features of the genuine one, (like the ability to copy the data from one 32MB card to another, or to update its software) but I don't miss the missing ones - if you see what I mean: the clone does everything I need.  Similarly, the TIS 2000 is not fully functional. It has things like wiring diagrams and software updates, but they are for GM and not Isuzu, so they not useful and almost certainly won't work. But the one really useful function (transfer and display of data from Tech2) works a treat.

With respect to data transfer from hand held to PC, beware. The cable supplied with the Tech 2 is terminated with RS232 connections at each end, and an RS232 to 9 pin D adaptor is supplied. But my old laptop only has USB ports, not a serial port, so a USB to 9 pin D adaptor is also required to connect the whole thing to the PC.  I have three of these adaptors, (all different) but only one of them (Belkin F5U409-CU) works with this set-up: the other two (despite having all the correct drivers installed) refuse to allow a connection.

Even without the TIS 2000, the clone Tech 2 has been very useful and instructive and fun to play with: go on, treat yourself - and good luck!
Mike Rosie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Steve at http://www.docvauxhall.co.uk/
After my first clone failed after I left it switched on for a whole day by mistake  I sent it to these guys for repair only to find it was un repairable this was after them changing out the power supply module which is a common problem.
Apparently there are good and bad clones.
They sorted me out with a better unit which they then upgraded the supply in and gave me a warranty on it.
Good service and a reasonable cost for what they say is a good clone.

Mike
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I've had a look at docvauxhall site, I can't find a price for 'Tech2 with Isuzu card'  Embarassed
Can you tell me how much it costs for the required kit?
Thanks, another Mike Very Happy
Mike Rosie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a call and see what they can do re price.
I only got the bare unit from them as I had the vci-unit/card/cable from my old one.
I think I was £200 for the bare unit.
It is a good clone with the cons for tis if req
zetecturbo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more updates on this
I've emailed the above link and got this reply and no way I'm paying
I need to double check an up to date price, but a good kit with 32MB card, CANDi and serial leads etc with hard case comes out at £535 the last time we ordered one, that includes shipping within the UK, it may be a little more to ROI,
Best Regards,
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Tech 2 / Tech II All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: