2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector Recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulMag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 13:57    Post subject: Injector Recall Reply with quote

Hi

I checked with Isuzu Main Dealer if the injector recall was done on my 04 reg Trooper, the reply was yes in 2007. I had the rocker cover off today to replace the orps and noticed 1 and 4 looked newish but 2 and 3 looked old. Part No's listed below;
No.1 injector - 0000693202
No.2 injector - 0000202351
No.3 injector - 0000202368
No.4 injector - 0000695343

Have they just replaced 2 injectors instead of 4

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 13:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly looks like they only replacd the 2!
The guys on here know the serial numbers and when they were fitted, they should be along soon  Very Happy
PaulMag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Jacksdad
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything lower than 554264 needs to be binned really as it could mix oil and diesel within the injector
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

So should the other 2 have been replaced? seems like they should have to me!
Bit late to try saving money on 3.0 warranty work after all  Evil or Very Mad
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have been but since they were done 8 yrs ago chances are they went wrong and someone sourced some from eebuygum or something not knowing what they were buying.
PaulMag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that lads. Do Isuzu keep records of what number injectors are fitted as original equipment, if the old ones are what was fitted as OE, I may have a case against Isuzu for replacements but if they are as Eithan said, old replacements purchased from other sources, I am screwed. Will take it too Isuzu.

I am replacing injector sleeve seals at present (if I can find a sleeve removal tool), in the hope its not a cracked head. can you recommend where to get a replacement head, Milners heads any good??
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

no isuzu don't keep records i'd just find some good second hand ones and fit them,

millers heads are ok but remove the sleeves they come with and check for a sealant around the seals it goes rock hard and can't let them expand with heat and eventually mixes the coolant and diesel. if it's there just clean it off and use new seals
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a chinese head, bolts and gasket set from a local spares shop, for about £460
The guy who owns the place said he'd sold a few over the last couple of years and no faults reported. He also said to use the full kit to keep the warranty.
Whilst building up the head I found a hole for the camshaft carrier was out of line, so I took it back, not best pleased! I got a new head within 2 days, and a head gasket and set of bolts, I still had to lap in all 16 valves once again!
That was 4 1/2 years ago and 11k miles, so would I recommend Chinese parts? Yes! Very Happy
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The milners ones had the hole out of line as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: