All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 3.0 4JX1 starting and running problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giulio.pascarella

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:37    Post subject: Trooper 3.0 4JX1 starting and running problems Reply with quote

Hello! My name is Giulio.  Smile  I'm an italian owner of an Isuzu Trooper 4JX1 (equipped with TOD and automatic transmission). The car has 335'000 km. Last week the engine started giving me some problems:  Shocked

[list] [*] hard start: the engine need 8 or 9 seconds to start and, when it starts running, makes white smoke from exhaust pipe for 2 seconds. (the smoke has an horrible smell)

[*]impressive lack of power: while you drive, expecially on highways, the engine reduces his speed independently from accelerator position. It's not beautiful this change of RPM when i drive in the town.  Mad

[*]TOD light starts flashing when i have this changes of RPM (no problem engaging the 4WD). Why?  crybaby

[*]The oil light, before of having this problems, used to turn off while i was starting the engine. When the problems started, i noticed that it needed more time to turn off. One second after the light is off, the engine starts.  Confused

I use the 5W-30 Shell Helix Ultra. The car has: New ORPS, new throttle valve, new head and head gaskets, new alternator, new radiator, new "non-return" diesel valve, new injector o-rings.

While the engine runs, even if it changes RPM, makes no smoke from exhaust. The white smoke is only at cold starts for 2 seconds. I also checked oil and water. The oil is perfect. The water has no smell of diesel.

In Italy there isn't a good technical assistance on this car. No one can solve this problems.  Crying or Very sad   Now i need your help.

I don't speak english well so probably i made errors of grammar in text. I hope I have explained the problems clearly.  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

check,glow,plugs,and,the,top,of,the,fuel,tank,for,corroded,fuel,lines
giulio.pascarella

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ethan!  Very Happy  Next thursday i'll test the glow plugs and the fuel line.

I'll post here the news.  Smile
Jackaroo Ted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

giulio.pascarella wrote:
Thank you Ethan!  Very Happy  Next thursday i'll test the glow plugs and the fuel line.

I'll post here the news.  Smile

Did you try unplugging the Injector Harness connector near the Oil Dipstick, and flush oil out of both sides with contact cleaner?
giulio.pascarella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I checked the fuel line of the trooper. I found a big lack of fuel from the intake pipe that passes trough the manifold and it's connected in the head.  Sad  The thread (i don't know if it's the right word) is damaged and I can't screw the intake pipe.  Evil or Very Mad   I really don't know how to solve the problem. Do you know a possible solution to this problem?
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it the pipe has pulled the threads out of the head? If so I would remove the manifold and drill and tap some new threads in to it or use something like a helicoil kit. Just be careful of bits of metal going in to the fuel way.
giulio.pascarella

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!  Very Happy  

I fixed the intake pipe and now there is no more lack of fuel. This solved the hard start problem and now the car needs 4 seconds to start and makes no smoke. Good  Cool

The TOD light is no more flashing.  thumbright

The problem is that i have still that big lack of power. The car changes revs independently from the accelerator position... The engine always sounds good but sometimes start reducing his power. It's very annoying  scratch
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

either.lack.of.fuel.or.oil.did.you.check.the.top.of.the.tank?
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car changes revs independently from the accelerator position

Sounds like a rops type thing starting to play up .

But first I'd check the map sensor (not the electric bit the pipe on euro 2 and the hole on a euro 3) as they block up so the ECU can't read the turbo boost .
giulio.pascarella

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!  Very Happy

I found just a bit of corrosion on the tank and i have removed it.

Yesterday i was looking for more information about the problem on internet and i found on an australian forum that these symptoms are probably caused by the "rail pressure control valve" (RPCV) failure. Is this possible?  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: