All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Turning over a long time befor starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilsontroop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Turning over a long time befor starting Reply with quote

I have a 52 plate trooper, when I come to start it it will turn over for 15 seconds sometimes longer. It turns fast enough so not battery's, had glow plugs out and there all fine and put a one way valve on the fuel line so it shouldn't be running back. It will still do it if it's warm, you can run it for hours turn it off and try it again and it still takes a week to start. Can anyone help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like an injection oil pressure issue to me ,can you get it plugged in on Tech 2 anywhere to check ?
Wilsontroop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ring about tomorrow and see if anyone can plug it in, thanks
Jackaroo Ted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 15:26    Post subject: Re: Turning over a long time befor starting Reply with quote

Wilsontroop wrote:
I have a 52 plate trooper, when I come to start it it will turn over for 15 seconds sometimes longer. It turns fast enough so not battery's, had glow plugs out and there all fine and put a one way valve on the fuel line so it shouldn't be running back. It will still do it if it's warm, you can run it for hours turn it off and try it again and it still takes a week to start. Can anyone help?

Its not necessarily whether it turns fast enough - its whether the ECU thinks its turning fast enough.
It might be your crank position sensor on the bell housing near the Z600 filter is dirty and not registering enough rpms off the flywheel.
Injectors will not be enabled unless the ECU sees at least 220rpm coming off the crank sensor.

Or, like Gribble says, it could be Oil Pressure not reaching desired level quick enough due to a sticky RPCV.
When you first start cranking, the RPCV opens approx 33% - but after about 15 secs it will open to 99% in an attempt to get desired oil pressure.
If you are running 0W or 5W oil, then its more likely the RPCV has a bit of grit stuck in it, so remove, disassemble, and give all internal components a thorough clean.
Otherwise you might need a new RPCV?

As for fuel delivery issues, the easiest way to check is to crack (loosen) the 17mm fuel banjo nut just under the Coolant temp sensor and see if diesel is present there.
Some brands of fuel filters have the wrong concave shape which doesn't allow them to tighten and seal properly on the primer/filter assembly.
It appears to be tight, but air leaks into the line and fuel drains back to the tank.
Sometimes the primer/filter assembly itself leaks air due to a dodgy seal on the primer pump or bleeder nut on the housing.

However, the 15 secs cranking is coincidental with the RPCV opening to 99%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: