QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Category C write off - advice please - URGENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 21:50    Post subject: Category C write off - advice please - URGENT Reply with quote

Dear Guys,

I have added this again as I had inadvertently put it in the wrong section of the Forum. Sorry.

You have been very helpful in the past and I am hoping you can offer your advice again.

Last Monday my husband skidded on ice in my 2002 silver LWB Trooper Citation diesel manual - with a trailer on - hit a wall with the n/s side light, did a full 180 degree turn and hit a fence pole the size of a telegraph pole badly denting the drivers door and smashing the electric mirror before stopping in a dead straight line !!! He and our 9 year sold son were very shocked but no one was hurt and the airbag didn't deploy.

Today the insurance company have declared it a Cat C write off - uneconomical to repair.

I have bought second hand parts before so know there is another way !  It needs the full bumper/grill/n/s head and side light combo, n/s wing and wheel arch and probably a pair of fog lights.  Definitely a new drivers electric mirror and maybe a door but I could live with the dents if I needed to. It also needs a front bumper reinforcer. I guess it will need the tracking re-set too !!!!!

Having been through (weirdly) two DM flywheel replacements and the whole injector issue - I can't face replacing it and perhaps going through those issues again with another vehicle.

Mileage is 119,831.

Insurance company offered £2300 but under a little pressure said the max the engineer had said was £2610
They said will sell it back to us for £575

I am not happy with either value but need advice.  Looking on Autotrader and eebuygum I couldn't replace mine (which is a 7 seater and very clean) for £2300 or even £2610 and £575 seems very high as a buy back.

They told me this after 5 today and want to get it uplifted and were going to move it from Inverness to near Glasgow tomorrow morning !!!!

So far I have said I want it - but that I am not happy and not agreeing to either of the valuations they have given. I also suggest they leave it with me rather than spend £00's moving it hundreds of miles there an back - and use the money saved to increase their offer to me !

I have barely had an accident before and never had a write off.

Any advice would be  much appreciated.

Many thanks

Denise
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 21:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: