All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

trooper putting oil into diesel tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountinman41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 16:31    Post subject: trooper putting oil into diesel tank Reply with quote

hi all my 3.0 trooper is mixing oil into diesel tank any ideas .....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 16:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, not sure what the problem is: its a very common fault on these to get cross contamination of water, oil and diesel, in any combination!
The seals on the injector sleeves fail, and as all 3 liquids are in the gallery, they mix together.
Its a pretty easy job to do, if you can work spanners fairly well, but you need a sleeve puller, or you can bodge them out with a large masonry expanding bolt.
All the seals are available, beat to get genuine Isuzu ones, costs about £40 for the lot....
Thats assuming this is the problem!
Have a search on here, there's masses of info  Very Happy
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the injectors are above the cutoff point then it's as above most likely the sleeve seals or injector seals
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

let us know how you get on: 3 years ago, I was told by Isuzu that the sleeve O rings couldn't be bought on their own, and that I needed to buy new sleeves with O rings, cost me £240.
My mate in Australia got me the O ring part numbers from his Holden dealer, their Jackaroo is the same motor.
I checked with IM Group who import Isuzu motors...they had the same part numbers in stock!
I contacted my local dealer who sold me the complete sleeves, told them what I'd found out, and got a refund of £200.
Took me a lot of research and time to sort this out, so if your dealer still insists that O rings can't be bought on their own, let us know!
mountinman41

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for advice getting fixed this week will let you know how it goes Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: