2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New filters :)...Now wont start :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 19:18    Post subject: New filters :)...Now wont start :( Reply with quote

Hi all.

You would think that the old girl would praise you for new filters and oil... but no!

52, 3.0D Trooper

Drained old engine oil
Replaced primary and secondary filters
Refilled with 5w30
Removed fuel filter / primer pump (marking hoses)
Replaced fuel filter
Refitted fuel filter / primer pump
Cracked open 10mm bolt and pumped until diesel without bubbles was coming out bleed hole
Jumped in cranked , nothing
Repeated bleed
nothing
etc...

Can anyone suggest a procedure?

Thanks

Scott
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 19:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably have to give it a few spin overs of like 10 seconds each with a minute between them as the oil has to get pumped up to the hpop from the empty lower filter for injection to start .
Scott Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Probably have to give it a few spin overs of like 10 seconds each with a minute between them as the oil has to get pumped up to the hpop from the empty lower filter for injection to start .

Ok, thanks.

I'll try again tomorrow with a set of jump leads as the battery(s) took a fair pounding  Twisted Evil
Scott Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Stephen wrote:
Gribble wrote:

Ok, thanks.

I'll try again tomorrow with a set of jump leads as the battery(s) took a fair pounding  Twisted Evil

I also noticed the immobiliser light was flashing while I was trying to start (if this is relevant?)
Cam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashing immobiliser light would be highly relevant, it looks like your immobiliser is kicking in. If the light is flashing it won't start. If it does it again take the key out and turn it 180 degrees and try it again ( works for me lol)
Scott Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Flashing immobiliser light would be highly relevant, it looks like your immobiliser is kicking in. If the light is flashing it won't start. If it does it again take the key out and turn it 180 degrees and try it again ( works for me lol)

Really?  Laughing
Cam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Stephen wrote:
Cam wrote:

Really?  Laughing

Unfortunately yes lol, mine does this randomly don't know why but I just take the key out and turn it round and itappears to work don't know why lol but it does
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one are you calling the immobiliser light ?

The anti theft red light to right of the steering wheel won't be a problem ,it flashes like that .

The red engine management (MIL) light will flash too  don't worry bout that either ,its when the engines running it would be a problem .
Cam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about the one in the clocks, been a few occasions that mine has continued to flash when trying to start but turned the key around and it's fine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: