Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

new trooper owner in need of some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smudger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 19:28    Post subject: new trooper owner in need of some help Reply with quote

Hello to all you fellow trooper owners this is my first post and am hoping someone out there can help me.
recently purchased a H reg 1991 MK1 2.8 td trooper and very quicly discovered the chassis box section at the rear of rear wheel arch has rotten through causing the shock mount to move up to the floor almost,the rear cross member also shot but other side ok.
firstly is it something that can be repaired? if so could anyone recommend a welder in the essex/colchester chelsmford area who could do the repairs.
looking at other posts i see it's a common problem with the mk1 but given the age and usage i supose to be expected.It looks like people fabricate replacement cross member and chassis sections out of steel box and sleeve to existing good chassis member.What should i expect to pay for such work? or an idea from anyone who has experienced this problem and had it repaired would be helpful.
other than that i'm well impressed with trooper and wish to keep her on the road for as long as possible so getting rear chassis replaced with new box sections should give her some more life yet i hope.
sorry for the life story here but please any advice help much appreciated.
thanks in advance
smudger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 19:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you are getting it all done, the old mk1s need to live on Very Happy
Box section is good, just dont get ripped off Sad
I also hope you stick around, they can be a friendly bunch Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines had the rear end replaced before I bought it from the front spring hangers back, it looks to me like a proper chassis half. Try speaking to your dealer and see if they still sell chassis parts, you may be surprised. I bought new sill sections from them last year. Oh and the cut in the chassis ideally should be z shaped (on its side!) as this gives the best strength and then plated as well.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: